Username: Password:

Author Topic: DOUBLE_UP_CAP Values  (Read 7530 times)

Offline Codefinger

• Rookie
    • View Profile
DOUBLE_UP_CAP Values
« on: December 03, 2017, 05:50:08 PM »
Hi,

DOUBLE_UP_CAP is set to "1" by default.  Does this mean 1x the TRADING_LIMIT already assigned on a coin pair?

Thanks
"It is an Ill Wind that Blows No Minds..."

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: DOUBLE_UP_CAP Values
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:29:57 AM »
Hi,

DOUBLE_UP_CAP is set to "1" by default.  Does this mean 1x the TRADING_LIMIT already assigned on a coin pair?

Thanks

Have you read the wiki? The answer is in here, read it through:
https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/wiki

Offline Codefinger

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 01:49:27 PM »
Thanks for the link.  I had already found this:

"When averaging down, it is recommended to invest a lot more than your initial investment. The more you invest, the lower the average price to sell will be and the sooner you can get rid of your bags. Because of this, it is not recommended to enable DOUBLE_UP for many pairs at the same time. You can control how much funds is used to average down by configuring DOUBLE_UP_CAP."

However, what am I missing here?  What section defines the value assigned to DOUBLE_UP_CAP and its effect?
"It is an Ill Wind that Blows No Minds..."

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 08:03:45 AM »
from the WIKI:

DOUBLE_UP_CAP 1 Values: numerical - represents a ratio. This defines the ratio to the pairs balance to be used for each consecutive buy when doubling up. Setting it to 0.5 would mean it uses a 0.5:1 ratio for averaging down. It is recommended to set this as high as you can afford, to increase your chance to actually average down and sell at profit. Example with ratio of 1: initial buy of 100 LTC, first double up buy order is 100 LTC, second will be 200 LTC, then 400 LTC, etc. Example with 0.5 ratio: initial buy of 100 LTC, first double up buy order is 50 LTC, then 75 LTC, then 112.5 LTC.

Does this answer your question?

I personally do not play with double up. I wait my bags out. Double up can be a very quickly acting tool. As I check my bot only once in two days (I have it running on a VPS) or even less, double up is too quick for me. I disabled it on all my strats.