Username: Password:

Author Topic: Release Candidate v.4.0.1_core - All oS - Poloniex/Bittrex/Kraken/Cryptopia - Co  (Read 15484 times)

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Release Candidate v.4.0.1_core - All oS - Poloniex/Bittrex/Kraken/Cryptopia - Code name "2nite"
@GuntharDeNiro GuntharDeNiro and @RaffaeleDonadono released this 3 minutes ago

Changelogs:

-Fix all reported bugs of v3.3.5
-Bump Kraken to 4.0.1
-Implement Cryptopia exchange
-Implement all v3.x strategies: BB,Gain,StepGain (v2.0.4 style), PingPong
-Implement Stop-loss
-Allowing users to disable BUY orders
-Implementing MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY and MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL to handle dust (if ever happens)
-If we have altcoin balance lower than minimum allowed amount: we buy
-Implementing a new trend watcher using TA lib
-Implementing new averaged buy price based on @BeerK0in formula. Thanks Beer K0in!

Config.js explanations and instructions:

Pairs format per exchange:

-poloniex: BTC_ETH, ETH_XMR, XMR_ETC, USDT_BTC
-Kraken: EOSXBT, DASHXBT, GNOXBT, BCHXBT all others are XLTCXXBT. Fiat are ZEURXXBT.
-Bittrex: BTC-ETH, ETH-LTC
-Cryptopia: SIGT_BTC, ETH_BTC, CHC_BTC

Possible strategies (format is buysell for mixed strategies and strategyname for pure strategies):

-bb (for Bollinger Band in both buy and sell)
-gain (for GAIN strategy in both buy and sell)
-stepgain (for SG strategy in both buy and sell)
-pp (for PingPong strategy in both buy and sell)
-bbgain (buy with BB and sell with gain)
-gainbb (buy with gain and sell with BB)
-bbstepgain (buy with bb and sell with stepgain)
-stepgainbb (buy with stepgain and sell with bb)
-bbpp (buy with BB and sell with PingPong)
-ppbb (buy with PingPong and sell with BB)
-gainstepgain (buy with gain and sell with stepgain)
-stepgaingain (buy with stepgain and sell with gain)
-gainpp (buy with gain and sell with PingPong)
-ppgain (buy with PingPong and sell with gain)
-stepgainpp (buy with stepgain and sell with PingPong)
-ppstepgain (buy with PingPong and sell with stepgain)

New Trend watcher (former supergun trend):

-it is active only in StepGain
-it is in a very short timeframe: looks at very latest 5 to 8 x 15 minutes candles
-It uses -DM and +DM from TA
-It is very useful to spot pumps (limited to the StepGain levels)
-It will be configurable after a short period of test from GBU clerks

Some example of configuration settings and their meaning:
Code: [Select]
"bb": {
    "BTC_TRADING_LIMIT": 0.01,
    "PERIOD": 15,
    "BUY_LEVEL": 0.1,
    "GAIN": 0.1,
    "HIGH_BB": 40,
    "LOW_BB": 40,
    "PANIC_SELL": false, //set this to true to sell all your altcoin at market price (set BUY_ENABLED: false)
    "DOUBLE_UP": true, //set this to false if you dont want to use the average down feature
    "STOP_LIMIT": 60, //In this case it will sell all your altcoins if the price reaches -60% from bought price
    "BUY_ENABLED": true, //set this to false to disable buy orders
    "MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY": 0.001, //if you have dust, set this higher than your dust
    "MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL": 0.001 //if you have dust, set this higher than your dust
}

Provided config.js file must stay untouched: do not delete variables (even if you think they are not useful), do not change names of variable. Just add yoru pairs and change your values. Everything in "Strategies" section can go in "Override" of the single pair.
To verify the validity of your config.js use this tool https://jsonlint.com/

SUGGESTED STRATEGY AND SETTINGS: once again the best performances (unless you are in GBU) come with pure BB at 40/40 or even better at 45/45 with or without DOUBLE_UP.

Thanks to @raffaeledonadono for his precious code contribution. Thanks to all users that patiently tested and reported bugs of previous versions.

Please report any bug immediately!!!
Thanks!
~Gun

Offline sccheech9

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Whats the proper way to upgrade from 3.3.5?

Offline ajg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
If I wanted to trade USDT_BTC pair on Poloniex, what would the config file need to look like?  I'm assuming you'd have one pair defined but I assume some overrides would be necessary?

EG:
                "poloniex": {
                        "USDT_BTC":    { "strategy": "bb", "override": {
                               "MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY":  50,
                               "MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL": 50
                               }
                        }
                }

But what about the setting in the config "BTC_TRADING_LIMIT": 0.01?  What should that be set to if trading USDT? 

Any tips or suggestions for USDT trading are welcomed, thank you.

Offline wingot

• Rookie
    • View Profile
What is the correct way to upgrade it?

Offline wingot

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I see that you recommend "pure BB at 40/40 or even better at 45/45 with or without DOUBLE_UP." The reseller I used is recommending 25/35. I am using that set up. I have been using the bot for only two days. I am having loses, and keep losing. I guess it is just too soon and that I should wait more time to allow it to generate some wins, but I would like to know if having it set up at 25/35 is the right set up. Thanks

Offline dobcrypto

• Contributor
  • Russian - native language
    • View Profile
What is the correct way to upgrade it?
New folder with 4.0.1

Offline dobcrypto

• Contributor
  • Russian - native language
    • View Profile
If I wanted to trade USDT_BTC pair on Poloniex, what would the config file need to look like?  I'm assuming you'd have one pair defined but I assume some overrides would be necessary?

EG:
                        "USDT_BTC":    { "strategy": "bb", "override": {
                               "MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY":  50,
                               "MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL": 50
                               }
                        }
                }

But what about the setting in the config "BTC_TRADING_LIMIT": 0.01?  What should that be set to if trading USDT? 

Any tips or suggestions for USDT trading are welcomed, thank you.

U need set "BTC_TRADING_LIMIT" in USDT.

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I see that you recommend "pure BB at 40/40 or even better at 45/45 with or without DOUBLE_UP." The reseller I used is recommending 25/35. I am using that set up. I have been using the bot for only two days. I am having loses, and keep losing. I guess it is just too soon and that I should wait more time to allow it to generate some wins, but I would like to know if having it set up at 25/35 is the right set up. Thanks

25/35 is more cautious than 45/45, it waits for the price to dig more before to buy and sells a bit higher. Follow suggestions of your reseller, he surely knows your trading style better than me.
Also: losing and keep loosing. Alts price dropping hence your estimated holding follows that trend: the bot doesnt sell at loss, just keep waiting or use one of the 2 options we implemented to handle bags: stop loss or average down.

Offline Kivo360

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I was wondering about that. I've been losing BTC for the last day. The big issue I've been facing is that my  bot has been buying a lot of SIA while it was dropping and it is still going in that direction. Means a serious loss of BTC over time even though the amount of USD I've had has been steady.

Offline GuyTheGuy

• Contributor
  • Lunar Crypto
    • View Profile
    • Lunar Crypto
Hyped to lose money on Cryptopia on risky pairs ;)
Contact for any questions or inquiries:
Lunar Crypto Telegram Group: https://t.me/LunarCrypto
Lunar Crypto Discord Server:  https://discord.gg/Z7qsaqk

Offline oeegor

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Often get following error with this version:

Error on strategy BB for XXBTZEUR on kraken while getting order book -| Error: FUCK KRAKEN
What does it mean?

Offline Kivo360

• Rookie
    • View Profile

25/35 is more cautious than 45/45, it waits for the price to dig more before to buy and sells a bit higher. Follow suggestions of your reseller, he surely knows your trading style better than me.
Also: losing and keep loosing. Alts price dropping hence your estimated holding follows that trend: the bot doesnt sell at loss, just keep waiting or use one of the 2 options we implemented to handle bags: stop loss or average down.

I need some advice. My bot lost $200 today because it's too mixed into altcoins. It's still more than my initial investment but it's certainly not beating bitcoin's gains percentage wise. What is my best option right now? I don't want to miss potential price increases that can happen, yet I don't want to take too much of a loss.

What does "average down" mean, and how can I use it?

Edit: by comparison I could have made $400 today with Bitcoin. How could I hodl one or two currencies without the bot touching a percentage of it?

Edit2: now I'm $70 below where I started. Have you all ever had a situation like this? If so, how did you respond? I wanna gain a lot of money by the end of the month and end of next month. If you all had a very similar situation where you lose 1% in a day I'll feel a lot more comfortable with the bot's decisions over the long term. I'm just anxious of leaving things over night.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:05:29 AM by Kivo360 »

Offline scarab2378

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Can someone tell me, if I want to run another strategy, for example the StepGain (formerly "supergun"), instead of BB, on several pairs, would my config code look like this?
{
"pairs": {
"BTC_ETH": {
"strategy": "stepgain",
"override": {}
},
"BTC_LTC": {
},
"BTC_XRP": {

What would it look like if I wanted to run multiple strategies on the same pairs?

Offline Kivo360

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Welp, I lost 600 on this bagging system over the last 5 days. I realize most of the older coins are dropping in a Elliott wave pattern. That is reasonable. Gunthy, did you stop your bot at some point to avoid extra losses?