Username: Password:

Author Topic: Exchange preference?  (Read 8761 times)

Offline andreys2012

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Exchange preference?
« on: December 08, 2017, 04:38:49 PM »
I know gunbot supports multiple exchanges. Do you guys have a preferred exchange? I guess what are the pros/cons of each? On bittrex right now but want to see if its the ideal one or not.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Exchange preference?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 07:03:18 PM »
Bittrex and poloniex seem to be the preferred. I run the bot on Kraken with a very moderate profit. I would advise against using Kraken, it's slow and not much coins to choose from.

Offline andreys2012

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 09:15:57 PM »
I'm just trying to decide if i should stay with Bittrex or not. Their newly enacted one trade per second rule really limits the amount of instances you can run concurrently. I don't know if poloniex has the same issue.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 07:40:31 PM »
What are you talking about, I don't get it? How many trades do you expect to get with the bot? More than one per second? Do you think gunbot makes millisecond decisions? Boy, you really need to look Dantes youtube channel where he broadcasts live trading ...
My bot makes 8 to 12 trades per week, sometimes even only 25 per month, but still manages to get into 15 to 20 % profit range.

Offline yoshilee

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 10:55:50 PM »
I guess he did not meant trades/sec but rather talked about call/sec. Thatīs what bittrex recently set the limit for one call/sec.
What really sucks going for several instances with lot of pairs :(

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 06:01:46 AM »
this might actually get you to choose your pairs wiser. and, in any case, it's irrelevant. I get max 3 rounds per hour with 11 pairs on kraken. just set the bot to make fewer trades with more profit. in the end all evens out ...

Offline GuyTheGuy

• Contributor
  • Lunar Crypto
    • View Profile
    • Lunar Crypto
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 03:38:30 AM »
I also believe gunthar is working with bittrex to get this resolved, at least for gunbot owners. Dont take my word for it though and stay tuned for updates from gunthar and his team :D
Contact for any questions or inquiries:
Lunar Crypto Telegram Group: https://t.me/LunarCrypto
Lunar Crypto Discord Server:  https://discord.gg/Z7qsaqk

Offline aigeezer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 10:39:48 PM »
I first bought Gunbot when Polo was the only exchange offered, so I've used Polo a lot. These days though I find I'm trading new coins rather than tried and true coins, so most of my Gunbot trading now is on Cryptopia. It depends what you're after. I'm noticing new exchanges such as Kucoin are becoming popular and I hope Gunthar will keep adjusting his list of supported exchanges over time. The main trend I see is ever-tightening restrictions on the older exchanges and few or no restrictions on the newer ones - at least until they mature and the cycle repeats. When/if good decentralized exchanges appear, I hope the Gunbot will support them too. It's all good.     ;)