Username: Password:

Author Topic: No support for 2 weeks now, not sure what to do  (Read 9806 times)

Offline chadm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
No support for 2 weeks now, not sure what to do
« on: September 25, 2017, 04:04:57 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this. If it's not I apologize in advance.

Two weeks ago on Sept 11. I purchased a 2nd hand license that was listed for sale on the marketplace on these boards.
https://gunthy.org/index.php/topic,1285.msg6380.html

Escrow was facilitated by cryptosticks who verified everything was legit with Gunthar and the transaction went as smooth as I could expect.

I immediately sent a message to Gunthar via these forums to get my API key added to the license and requested a download link for v5.

I have not had a single message replied to by Gunthar or anyone related to Gunbot since that time. I've periodically asked for updates and it's been complete radio silence. At this point I feel like I did everything right but the dev is not following through on his part of the deal which is to activate my API key.

I'm not sure how to proceed, is there anyone that can help me? Is this not the appropriate place to seek support?

One of my options is that I can go get a pirated version of Gunbot but I wanted to support the developer of this awesome software and I expected support would come with a legit license. At this point I am reconsidering that and I might have more luck with the pirated versions instead, the people offering that software are very responsive and the price is 1/10th of what I paid.... so frustrating.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: No support for 2 weeks now, not sure what to do
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 08:39:58 PM »
As much as I like GB and appreciate people here, and if what you say is true (and you didn't miss something), I must admit waiting 2 weeks after an online payment for a registration key is a shame :-(

Maybe Gunthar should give some trust friend the right and means to manage those licence numbers for him.
Just my 2 cents.

Ah, and for your downloading:
https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/releases

PS: pirated may work, or may spread deep sh^t on your computer or possess your marketplace account (API, you know?).
Personnaly I'm not gonna play with this kind of crapware when it's money related.

Offline Don_Juan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 12:03:24 PM »
Honestly I would not play around with a pirated version and inputting API keys to my account. That seems like asking to get your money stolen.

Gunthar just needs to setup a telegram bot like Gunthy-Gui has. Fully automated and works 24/7

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 01:49:05 PM »
contact the escrow and ask for your money back. you have not received what you paid for. an escrow, by definition is a trusted account (or a person holding such), to liberate money transfer to a seller only on the grounds that the buyer set (receiving goods, right of exploit, etc.). you have not received the right to exploit, so the money should be still in the trusted account. unless you have instructed the escrow otherwise, of course.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:58:43 PM by sloaleks »

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 04:23:23 PM »
A Licence is NOT a number, a code, a paper, or anything else than: the ability and RIGHT to use something.

The delivered licence number doesn't change that the buyer isn't able to use this software, that means the escrow didn't transmit him the possibility to use the software.

Who cares who's falt it is - that's a second problem.

Please immediately process this licence or fully refund him.

PS: of course, if the OP post is the truth and didn't change at the date of this post.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »
I agree, not pointing any fingers, but this should be settled. 15 days should suffice.

Offline arranka

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 06:04:37 PM »
Already activated the license? I have a friend who has been with the process for 2 weeks and there is no news, how much longer can it be? the normal licenses activate them to the minutes but these take weeks?

Offline cryptosticks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 05:22:45 AM »
Hi.  I think we'd all agree there is a need for an updated licensing process.

Currently all licenses, as far as I know, need to be processed by Gunthar.  Nobody else has the ability to update API keys.

When Gunthar says the license is valid the escrow is finished.  That is the terms of the escrow.

Please feel free to message Gunthar directly (via PM or Telegram).   He is the *only* person who can address any licensing issues whether it takes 2 weeks or 10 weeks.  It's Gunthar's GunBot and it's Gunthar's licensing system.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 07:59:35 AM »
The escrow in this case covered only the seller (confirmed he is selling a genuine product) and not covered the buyer at all (buyer has not received the right to exploit said genuine product). Techically it even isn't escrow (escrow should cover both sides). Would not recommend doing it this way. It's like buying a car over escrow, an escrow only makes sure it's not stollen, but not if the keys are also passed along with the car.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:06:32 AM by sloaleks »

Offline cryptosticks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 08:19:31 AM »
The escrow in this case covered only the seller (confirmed he is selling a genuine product) and not covered the buyer at all (buyer has not received the right to exploit said genuine product). Techically it even isn't escrow (escrow should cover both sides). Would not recommend doing it this way. It's like buying a car over escrow, an escrow only makes sure it's not stollen, but not if the keys are also passed along with the car.

This isn't a car.  This is a digital license and it's controlled by Gunthar.  And *only* Gunthar.

When he says the license is transferred to the buyer that is a safe transfer of the license.  The buyer should have also received a welcome invite to Telegram group.

I trust Gunthar will follow-up and answer the OPs messages.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 08:35:51 AM »

This isn't a car.  This is a digital license and it's controlled by Gunthar.  And *only* Gunthar.

When he says the license is transferred to the buyer that is a safe transfer of the license.  The buyer should have also received a welcome invite to Telegram group.

I trust Gunthar will follow-up and answer the OPs messages.
well. it also isn't a real escrow then. but, with a small change it would be. for instance : buyer confirming ability of use triggers payment transfer from trusted account to seller. not really a big complication, but would make it a real escrow. cover all butts, so to say.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:42:08 AM by sloaleks »

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 11:08:54 AM »
keep calm and wait for the escrow service to be completed. I HAD to enforce the escrow service for secnd.hand licenses because a lot of you were being scammed by people impersonating fake license holders.
Every submitted case (from the escrow service) is being analyzed over the license server history, to be sure you dont get scammed.
Please be patient. If you cant be patient, do not buy a second-hand license.
Thanks!
~Gun

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 11:54:18 AM »

Then if it's fucked up, fix it.

Don't pay the seller before:
1° the buyer confirms directly or indirectly (with a forum post...) that the product is usable,
2° or 15 days has passed with no news from the buyer after the licence number was sent to him.

Because right now, someone paid, can't use what he bought, and you're in the middle of the transaction: you just can't say "not my business" :P

All said kindly (and hoping Gunthar has no major problem, as he doesn't seem to be present or too busy?)

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 12:27:44 PM »
keep calm and wait for the escrow service to be completed. I HAD to enforce the escrow service for secnd.hand licenses because a lot of you were being scammed by people impersonating fake license holders.
And right you were to make this happen ... Nothing wrong with that. I suggested a small additon to the process, and if the escrow could inform the buyer at the beginning of the process that it might possibly take a while, even up to 2 weeks to fullfill his sale, that would be nice too. As a part of the service, so to say. A little communication would make things smoother. We were not pointing any fingers, as it really doesn't matter. Just suggesting. In the end it doesn't cost much to write something nice, a few words makes for a much nicer experience.
Now, it would also be nice to see some words from OP, how the matter is settled and if he's happy with his "new" bot ...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:33:05 PM by sloaleks »

Offline Camineet

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 04:24:11 AM »
can someone tell what Gunthar's telegram is? i pm'd Gunthar here about updating my 3.3.2 license to 5, but no reply.

and i tried searching for Gunthar on telegram, but didn't find anything that looked like his actual handle.

thanks

Offline GuyTheGuy

• Contributor
  • Lunar Crypto
    • View Profile
    • Lunar Crypto
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 06:08:10 AM »
can someone tell what Gunthar's telegram is? i pm'd Gunthar here about updating my 3.3.2 license to 5, but no reply.

and i tried searching for Gunthar on telegram, but didn't find anything that looked like his actual handle.

thanks

@Gunthardeniro
Contact for any questions or inquiries:
Lunar Crypto Telegram Group: https://t.me/LunarCrypto
Lunar Crypto Discord Server:  https://discord.gg/Z7qsaqk