Username: Password:

Author Topic: Constructive ideas for TA use in Gunbot  (Read 48646 times)

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
Re: Constructive ideas for TA use in Gunbot
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 02:20:09 AM »
If you're not already using, I'm determined to avoid what happened yesterday (Niagara Falls) again, I found indicator that would warn... Variable Moving Average [LazyBear] turn on colors in format style, blue is congestion, if you sold soon as blue, you'd avoid the plunge...

To see what I'm talking about, look at blue before plunge (scroll right in photo)...

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:42:04 AM by allanster »
more human than human

Offline PHaRTnONu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 02:36:41 AM »
isnt that repaint?

Offline swanfield

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 12:19:53 PM »
I don't know if this has been asked before so if it has i am sorry ;)

I will try to describe the feature I would like to see as good as I can.

Let say I would like the bot to buy a Coin on x condition. I would like to have for a x amount of BTC some coins. And when he bought the coins I would like him to sell aa x% of coins per % of profit. So lets say the bot buys 100 LTC. When LTC goes up with 5% I would like him so sell 25% of the coins. Then when it goes to 10% profit I would like him to sell 50% and when it goes higher then 15% profit I would like him to sell the remaining 25% of LTC. This way we could keep a coin longer and sell it with more profit without setting manual sell orders. Lazy as I am ofcourse ;-)

I don't know if this is something easy to be implemented or if this is something others find usefull aswell but I would like a feature like this :-)

Offline DangerousMind

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 01:48:00 AM »
I think a good feature would be a possibility to HODL the bags and continue trading with that coin.
For example by creating a sell option with the default profit value and clear the possibility to buy again.

I tried making this manually but the GB gets confused and tries to sell the sell option. If we could do this using the bot it would be easier to control why there is btc on that wallet but not coins.

A instant buy button would be nice also.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:41:47 PM by DangerousMind »

Offline Greenback56

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 01:47:10 PM »
A swing trading option would be nice to see implemented into gunbot on week odd time frames. I think that would be very profitable for people and if anything could replace step gain as a new and improved function

Offline arranka

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2017, 06:42:46 PM »

I've noticed that in the xt version you can not share vps. For example I have a gunbot and my brother has another gunbot and we have it in the same vps. With a new version does not let you use the vps since it is a gunbot for a pc.
I also see that the version xt you can add more licenses but other exchanges, my brother and I 2 use polonieix, this would not be a problem if one of the 2 used bittrex, but as we use the 2 poloniex we can not put 2 times a poloniex key and this is somewhat annoying since with version 332 if I left you. Please make it possible to put 2 exchanges of the same face in a single gunbot

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 11:35:36 PM »
iam not shure, if this the right place here, but my suggestion is, to make the strategies as "moduls".......

for example "signals", like rsi, bb, macd, ema and so on

and on the other side some "tools" to make more profit, like trailing thing, gain, step-gain and so on......

so it is possible to combinate each......

for example:

as signal ema and gain as "tool" (sorry atm i dont find a better word).

so gunbot wait for the signal and than it use the "tool" to buy or sell........

or another example:

as signal bb and rsi and as "tool" the trailing-thing.......

gunbot waits for the bb and the rsi and if they show an ok, than it use the trailing-thing to get an good price to buy or sell.......

or for buy bb + rsi and gain
and for sell ema and trailing

gunbot wait for an ok from the bb and the rsi and then use the gain to buy for a good price
and if the ema is good it use the trailling to sell for a good price....

and so on.....

so you have much of variations and if you integrate macd and so on, too ...
you have much more (;

Offline Raderlab

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 09:40:36 PM »
When BUY_ENABLED is set to false, DOUBLE_UP is also disabled.

Make it so that these two options do not overlap. Scenario: you want to get rid of a bag, but don't want to buy again after selling.

Offline domlnlc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 09:38:13 AM »
Thus far this bot has been excellent. I noticed a few negative trades during the use of several different strategies. Is it possible to replicate the TraderDaddy script? I noticed while using TraderDaddy I was able to gain 1% every day of my overall BTC volume. Some days 1.5%. I noticed there was never a negative trade. Doing so can yield great profits with 1% compounded interest every day. I can imagine Gunbot can replicate this easily and maybe better. TradeDaddy placed sell orders every hour. Each hour it will recalibrate and cancel a ton of order and replace orders. They were shut down on Bittrex due to generating cancel orders over 5% weekly. GunBot can easily get around this as it is live and will not have to reach out once every hour to place orders.

-TraderDaddy recommended .5 BTC for each coin.
-Lots of micro trades
-Always yielded at the least 1% profit overall for the day. Never a negative trade.

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 01:57:26 PM »
i have a new small suggestion, to give GB a "wallybagging" support......

a kind of GB_dont_touch value.......

for example:
GB have bought 1ETH very high and the price falls........

so you can set GB_dont_touch to 1 and GB ignore everything under 1ETH

and above 1ETH gunbot look for "dust".....

maybe an second option for GB_dont_touch_price, so that gunbot sell this 1ETH for price x.

so you can make walleybagging on one account with the help of gunbot ?!

is a little like the funds_reserve but not for the maincurrencie.....

with this feature you dont need a second accound, only two settings in the config.......

i suggest this, becouse, if you send you bags to another account, they dont really considered in the history/PnL/balance/what ever, from the mainaccount......

and if you use more accounts for GB, thats very confusing, to calculate the profit, if you use one special account for "wallybagging"

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2018, 04:20:43 PM »

I've noticed that in the xt version you can not share vps. For example I have a gunbot and my brother has another gunbot and we have it in the same vps. With a new version does not let you use the vps since it is a gunbot for a pc.
I also see that the version xt you can add more licenses but other exchanges, my brother and I 2 use polonieix, this would not be a problem if one of the 2 used bittrex, but as we use the 2 poloniex we can not put 2 times a poloniex key and this is somewhat annoying since with version 332 if I left you. Please make it possible to put 2 exchanges of the same face in a single gunbot
Gunbots are divided by type only by the OS-processor they run on. There is no such thing as a PC bot and a VPS bot. You can use it on both. You can also run 2 bots (yours and your brothers) easily on the same VPS (I do, I run 2 bots on 1 VPS). But you can't run 2 licenses on one bot. For running two licenses (or more) you need to install 2 bots (or more) in different folders, assign them different ports and run them on the console (not over GUI). But you can run them on the same machine, either a PC or a virtual. Heck, you can run as many bots as you have resources (free RAM and free ports) on one machine, provided you own all licenses.

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 09:39:10 PM »
another suggestion !!!!!!!!!

it often happen, that gunbot get an error (timout or what ever) and i dont see it..........
and iam wondering why are so less trades on this day and so on.......

it were really nice, to get this error via telegram or email.........

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2018, 08:03:17 PM »
and another on ^^

they are telegram groups, that offer (free and/or payed) signals........

i try it since 3-4weeks and the profits amazing !......

whats about an telegram-plugin for GB, like the TV-plugin ?

GB get the signals from the telegramgoup, like that:

Buy XST 8000 - 8300

Sell 8800 - 9500 - 10400 and above

or that:

COIN: #FLO

BUY PRICE: 0.00001740 (HIDDEN GEM)

✅ TARGET ✅

1️⃣ 0.00001900
2️⃣ 0.00002100
3️⃣ 0.00003000 (mid term)

❌ Stop-loss: hold for mid term. Look like #QWARK, It’s a Hidden Gem. Daily chart is sideway now. ATH is 0.00006500. I think it will fly soon.

and trade it........

maybe use the buy price +/- X% as buying signal
and use the target as selling signal or as "gain" and start with trailing or something like that, at this point, to get more profit, if it possible (; ........

Offline CurtMcD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 07:34:08 PM »
A new parameter to enable the user to set the maximum trade volume for a pair (in terms of the secondary currency). For example, if I am buying multiple currencies in USDT, I only want to USDT-ETH pair to purchase 10ETH, so that I have trading available in USDT for LTC, BTC, etc.

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 04:57:19 PM »
whats about "intellegient" or "smart" or "priority" "debagging" / double_up

the guys in the gunbot uni habe show me a good setting, to handle bags, in a case of what happen yesterday.....

but maybe it is a good idea, id you use DU, with not soooo much balance......

if you can choose a priority for a pair, or that gunbot automatical choose the paire with the less or highest -X%.....

for example:

LTC -10%
BCC -20%
XMR -2%

is you use "smart DU" (or how ever you want to call it)
GB try at first to DU the lowest bag, in this case XMR, so that GB have more free balance, to DU the next one, in this example LTC......

ok - market can change and so on, maybe a minute later XMR falls so deep, that it is the lowest, but maybe that help, to solve the bags faster with a low balance.....

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 09:58:29 PM »
another suggestion........

my problem atm is, that i have not much balance....and i often add to much pairs and all ends in bags ..........

now i have calculated how much btc are needet for one pair,

if i run GB with the min. amount to trade(exchange) and with my DU setting.

so i can (for example) run 10 pairs with my balance X.

but maybe it takes a time, till the pairs give a trading possibility.....

if i add for example 20 pairs, than the probability is higher, that the next trading possibility comes faster, but it maybe happen, that every pair give a trading possibility and GB take the btc, that i maybe need for DU the other pairs.

so my idea is, to add all you pairs you want, but say GB "only trade 10 pairs out of this pool".

that mean, GB trades only the first 10 pairs, that give a trading possibility and than "ignore" the other pairs till the next sell circle is over and than waiting for the next pair out off the "pool" that give a trading possibility and so on.....

another idea is, to programm, that GB reserve the hole btc, that he need to DU the pair, so that this btc dont used for another pair.......

so GB automatical trade this pair, that at first give a trading possibility, but without losing the btc, you need in the case of DU and you can add all pairs, you want.......

it is maybe possible to do it by hand, maybe with "FUNDS_RESERVE".........

and if you have much of balance, than this feature is maybe not so helpfull (;

in easy word, it is a kind of aotuselection of the pair, with an auto limitation, to reserve the btc, that are needed for DU, for the pairs, that are "open".

Offline pjones041

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2018, 12:07:42 AM »
I have loved the addition of adding RSI to all strategies.  I would greatly appreciate the ability to also add TSSL to everything.  There are many strategies which work for many people but nearly all of them miss the peaks and valleys.  While searching for the exact peaks can be a fools errand, adding a TSSL option to all strategies can help us all get just a bit closer.  Prime example being BB.  Just because it reaches your threshold, there is no way of knowing if it is in the middle of a dump. As we have all recently seen, we can get caught in the middle of a very long dump.

Offline sJBs

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Constructive ideas for TA use in Gunbot - Variable DU-BUYDOWN values
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2018, 11:08:42 AM »
In order to possibly handle dumps more "efficiently", I would have liked the current constant DU_BUYDOWN percentage to become a formula or series:

For instance, proposing that you should have 4 modes of DU_BUYDOWN

CONSTANT:  As currently implemented, ie DU_BUYDOWN=constant

FIBONACCI:  Using the Fibonacci series for the DU_BUYDOWN(n)=DU_BUYDOWN(n-1)+DU_BUYDOWN(n-2), it should result in the following series
DU_BUYDOWN1=1
DU_BUYDOWN2=2
DU_BUYDOWN3=3
DU_BUYDOWN4=5
DU_BUYDOWN5=8
DU_BUYDOWN6=13

QUADRATIC:  Using the formula for DU_BUYDOWN(n)=a*n^2+b*n+c, with n the number of time you have bought down and a, b and c user selectable constants.  For example if a=1, b=0, c=1 it will provide for the following DU_BUYDOWN(n) series:
DU_BUYDOWN1=2
DU_BUYDOWN2=5
DU_BUYDOWN3=10
DU_BUYDOWN4=17
DU_BUYDOWN5=26
DU_BUYDOWN6=37

as a special case of this QUADRATIC mode will result in a linear solution when a=0, for instance when selecting a=0, b=1, c=1:
DU_BUYDOWN1=2
DU_BUYDOWN2=3
DU_BUYDOWN3=4
DU_BUYDOWN4=5
DU_BUYDOWN5=6
DU_BUYDOWN6=7

EXPONENTIAL:  Using the formula of DU_BUYDOWN(n)=a*b^(n-c), with n the number of time you have bought down and a, b and c user selectable constants.  For example if a=1, b=2, c=1 it will provide for the following DU_BUYDOWN(n) series:
DU_BUYDOWN1=1
DU_BUYDOWN2=2
DU_BUYDOWN3=4
DU_BUYDOWN4=8
DU_BUYDOWN5=16
DU_BUYDOWN6=32

These last two provide for a lot of flexibility (some might argue too much) and should accommodate most if not all styles.

The advantage you (might) have using the non-contant DU-BUYDOWN values is that when dumps are occurring, you (might) have some funding left over to purchase the double ups when reaching the bottom.

Offline Blianga

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »
Random Idea: When trading manually, I find tracking the trending peaks/valleys of RSI very helpful. When the peak/valley trend starts to diverge from the trade price, this typically indicates a reversal. Idk how you would code it up/make it configurable, but I think this would be a very powerful trading tool to have in GB.

Offline wootnoob

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2018, 10:24:52 AM »
+1 for adding MACD indicator.

I'd like my bot to only buy when MACD is positive, as I have found the inbuilt strategies work well when a trend is positive (i.e. the sell price is usually higher than the buy price soon after buying), but perform poorly when the price is slipping (often simply due to the base currency is increasing in value).

Looking forward to Gunbot v9 !  ;D