Username: Password:

Author Topic: Who is broken ? Binance ? Kraken ? or Gunbot ?  (Read 3987 times)

Offline Singman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Who is broken ? Binance ? Kraken ? or Gunbot ?
« on: October 06, 2020, 07:27:47 AM »
Hi,

Long time user of Gunbot (and not really satisfied but that's another topic). Let's see what make me write this message :
Binance : 4 pairs, last transaction 08/30/2020 !
Kraken : 2 pairs, last transaction 01/09/2020 ! 50 transactions during August

Both exchange have not generated any trades since a month or more. I reboot every 2 days the VM hosting the bot to be safe. I've searched any reasons why the bot is not working but everyting is ok, still receiving tickers, no timeout. Just stopped working nearly the same day, both of them. Network is perfect too.

Any idea ?

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: Who is broken ? Binance ? Kraken ? or Gunbot ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 07:50:36 PM »
Hi,

Long time user of Gunbot (and not really satisfied but that's another topic). Let's see what make me write this message :
Binance : 4 pairs, last transaction 08/30/2020 !
Kraken : 2 pairs, last transaction 01/09/2020 ! 50 transactions during August

Both exchange have not generated any trades since a month or more. I reboot every 2 days the VM hosting the bot to be safe. I've searched any reasons why the bot is not working but everyting is ok, still receiving tickers, no timeout. Just stopped working nearly the same day, both of them. Network is perfect too.

Any idea ?

Hi Signman, it looks like:

1- The bot made some trades and you don't have remaining funds in base coin, that is, the bot is waiting for selling back to BTC (or whatever base coin you are using).

2- You settings are so tight that the conditions to make a trade haven't been met. This can also happen if you add too many confirming indicators.

3- There is some kind of misconfiguration.

The best way for fix it is to contact directly with your reseller so he can take a deep look to your settings, as without seeing them, it's hard to figure out what's the exact problem.

Offline Singman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 08:16:01 PM »
Hi,

1- I have still some base coins on both Gunbot
2- That's the problem I think because no orders since 1st Septembre, but all the markets are active. BTW, that stop happened on both Gunbot, nearly at the same time (30 August / 1st September) and really suddenly; I have reset to standard "emotionless" since 15 days and still no orders.
3- Gunbot is missing some "paper trade" to validate a config or test if everything is all right. But I have no error on logs and nothing changed during that period.

Gunbot-1 (Kraken) is 19.1.5 and Gunbot-2 (Binance) is standard 18.8.8

Oh, and Gunbot is missing some way to limit the size of logs. Not very important for me (I'm under Linux and using log rotate) but it's annoying for others.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 08:22:31 PM by Singman »

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 11:38:11 PM »
I would try to make a fresh install in a new directory and use Emotionless, it should start making trades.
Backtesting tool is very useful and it helps a lot to make an idea of how strategies perform and it's very useful to optimize strategies.

https://gunbot.shop/product/backtesting-addon-for-gunbot/

Offline Singman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 06:36:19 PM »
Thanks, problem is fixed, a script that generate my config files changed the decimal point from one place to the left...