Username: Password:

Author Topic: Not triggering Buy / Sell orders as expected, "No new opportunities found"?  (Read 7224 times)

Offline lxpeery

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

Just started using this yesterday, and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I've been using bbstepgain, and I'll say that it is working, in the sense that my account is worth more now than it was 24 hours ago. However I'm not convinced it's working as well as it could, and any pointers would be awesome. Plus I'd like an explanation of what the "no new opportunities found" in the logs means. Pictures are worth more than words, so here we go. First up, here are my settings. Tips welcomed of course.

First up, what does it mean no new opportunities found? For about half my pairs, the callbacks window displays buy and sell points, but for others like NEO, TRX, and VEN it's not showing anything. Curiously, they're all coins that I have in the exchange, though not all of the ones that I own cause this issue. Is it even an issue?

I've been wondering if it could be causing the bot not to sell correctly. Based on my settings, I would have expected the bot to sell in this circumstance, where it bought at the circled point at 11:06 today, and the second circled point seems like it would have been a sell signal:

Sorry for the big pictures, but at least you don't have to squint. Basically, if there's anything in the settings that you think I should tweak, or if the "no no opportunities" thing is something I should be worried about, please do let me know.

Thanks!

Offline lxpeery

• Rookie
    • View Profile
So 5 of the 11 pairs that I have stored are showing this "no new opportunities found" message, and all but (I think) one of them are coins that I had bought manually before starting the bot, though LINK was purchased by the bot and is showing it as well. I'm concerned that this is going to cause substantial missed trades.

Offline lxpeery

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Last update before bed: I turned the bot off, went to Binance and sold everything that I had that I didn't care about hodling, removed the one coin I kept from the pairs, and fired it back up. No more of those messages, so is it because the bot can't figure out what the buy and sell points are if it didn't make the trade originally?

Also, I think the reason NEO didn't sell in my example before is because I had sell level set to 2, making it try to reach 1.5 % rather than the 0.6% that I had set for sell level 1. So can someone explain the three sell levels to me?

Thanks.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
wiki already did that ... read it. https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/wiki/StepGain

Offline lxpeery

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Saw that, and it makes sense for two levels, but I'm not sure where the third comes into play.

Left the bot running overnight, it bought on every pair but sold none of them despite multiple opportunities, again just saying "no new opportunities found". This is a real issue, anyone got any suggestions?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
jeesas, you have set it that way (selllvl:2) ... it will not enter a sell cycle if it doesn't see minimal 1.5% gain and even then it will try to fetch more. a daily gain of 1.5% is mostly just not here in these markets. why don't you set it to start selling at sell level1? did you even read the wiki?

Offline faize86

• Rookie
    • View Profile
hi lxxpery,
No new opportunities mean when the bot found that the price is below than what It want/try to sell it will display those callback. It simply tells that "don't sell, the price suck".

And set the buylvl to 1.

Happy trading.
If you don't know what to do with the bitcoin/asset you have, feel free to donate a little as you can to me. I really appreciate it. tq~
bitcoin : 12PsS847D2bXCdb9G56q57faA21oVKUJR4
ethereum : 0x5853272B7CB196659F72dA69C7Bcfb7326eced6f