Username: Password:

Author Topic: Can someone explain this "Price to Buy"  (Read 7622 times)

Offline oaomcg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Can someone explain this "Price to Buy"
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:14:19 PM »
Pair BTC/ETH

Strat: Buy-BB  Sell-BB
% Low BB 25
% High BB 25

Gunbot says Low Bollinger Band is 0.0730885 but its price to buy is 0.07120755078166667

Why is the buy price WAY below the low BB?

Offline oaomcg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone explain this "Price to Buy"
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 12:23:01 AM »

Offline TenaciousJ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 05:21:38 AM »
How long has the bot been running?  It may still be using the 3% below EMA as a buy level because it doesn't have enough data on that pair to calculate an accurate bollinger band. 

Offline marvin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 12:50:19 PM »
this happens to me too. I set the but:BB and sell:BB but the bot is showing the buy/sell price from the GAIN settings

Offline oaomcg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 02:29:41 AM »
How long has the bot been running?  It may still be using the 3% below EMA as a buy level because it doesn't have enough data on that pair to calculate an accurate bollinger band.

20 second delays times 806 cycles = ~4.5 hours

Got an answer from Gunthar. He says the Gain number (%gain and buy level) affect your price to buy when running BB strategy regardless of how long the bot has been running. This is not what i had read earlier. I was also under the impression that it just used those until it had enough info to calculate the BB but apparently they affect it at all times.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 08:55:40 AM »
gain interferes with BB. at what point is dependent on both BB and gain settings. I remember mr. G. somehwre showing a way to make gain not interfere with BB (or to a lesser extent), sadly don't remember how it was set.
I take this as a safety feature. If the Bollinger bands come close, which happens, gain setting will assure you don't loose money.
At least I see it this way. Mr. G. builds a lot of safety features into the bot as to make sure beginers don't start with loosing money. Loosing money comes later, with more experience ...  ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:05:18 AM by sloaleks »