Username: Password:

Author Topic: Latest version with GUI? Windows/OS X  (Read 7502 times)

Offline nicmo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Latest version with GUI? Windows/OS X
« on: September 18, 2017, 03:13:34 AM »
Hi All,

New user here. Started running v3.3.2 (Windows) on Bittrex this past week and love it so far, though I feel a bit unclear on which version I should be running to get the best results.

In the download section on the Gunbut website, I saw v3.3.2 and v.5.0.4 (which was marked as "under development", so I didn't download). However, I see lots of talk about versions more recent than 3.3.2.

Should I upgrade to something newer for any reasons? I do want to maintain the GUI, unless there's a really strong reason to upgrade to a version without it.

Also, my install shows v3.3 on top, though the installer is named 3.3.2.   ?

Thanks for any help!

Offline cryptosticks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Latest version with GUI? Windows/OS X
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 04:22:27 AM »
Hi.

On my Windows 7 setup (VPS on Vultr) I'm running two (2) instances of v3.3.2 and one (1) instance of 5.0.4 right now.  Might go to another instance of v5.0.4 soon.

The point is:  you don't have to choose either or.  You can run some trading strategies (or different trading pairs) on v5.0.x and run some others on v3.3.2

Offline nicmo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Latest version with GUI? Windows/OS X
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 08:23:18 AM »
Hi.

On my Windows 7 setup (VPS on Vultr) I'm running two (2) instances of v3.3.2 and one (1) instance of 5.0.4 right now.  Might go to another instance of v5.0.4 soon.

The point is:  you don't have to choose either or.  You can run some trading strategies (or different trading pairs) on v5.0.x and run some others on v3.3.2

Are there any features of v5 that aren't in previous versions? 5 does not have a GUI, is that correct?