Username: Password:

Author Topic: How do you use RESERVE_PILE_UP  (Read 7150 times)

Offline liquiddave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
How do you use RESERVE_PILE_UP
« on: December 30, 2017, 04:08:35 AM »
I want to hold a portion of currency with RESERVE_PILE_UP but I am not sure how to define how much coin to hold. Does anyone know?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: How do you use RESERVE_PILE_UP
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »
Where did you find this parameter? I don't think this is a gunbot parameter. to hold a portion of primary coin you use FUND RESERVE. wiki knows how to use this.

Offline ryang

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 08:37:55 PM »
Curious about what this does also...

The setting is found in Settings -> Bot -> Advanced mode on 7.0.2 (it doesn't seem to have a corresponding entry in the GUI 1.0.8).

Was hoping this would be a sort of dynamic accumulator of coins, in other words "keep 10% of trading profits in reserve". Not sure how we get to that with a True / False though. FUND_RESERVE is a static coin amount.

Thanks

Offline Orthoformation

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 02:56:30 AM »
From the Git:
8683df2: Implementing withdraw_address setting: your btc address you want Gunbot to withdraw your profits too. WARNING: optional and dangerous setting. It needs RESERVE_PILE_UP set to true, withdraw permission at your exchange API settings. You can set a threshold using withdraw_threshold setting (example if set to 1, gunbot will withdraw to your address when you pile up 1btc of profit from your original invested capital). Despite this setting is useful to actually see profits in a more real way, i highly suggest to USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK).

So, no: I don't think this setting is what you're looking for...

Which leaves us with the question :
HOW can we tell the bot that what we want to do is NOT accumulate BTC, but accumulate the ALT of our pair instead... ???

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 06:15:40 AM »
I don't think there's a setting for accumulating alts (rather than setting your sell parameters ridiculously high, but this will work for only 1 buy cycle)..