Username: Password:

Author Topic: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)  (Read 43727 times)

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
« on: April 07, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Answered Questions)

Before I can answer questions you need to put questions, so don't be shy and ask!
~Gun
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:12:47 AM by Henkkaa »

Offline litbit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 09:18:43 AM »
As I'm a GBN (GunBotNewbie) I can come up with (= I have) a number of questions to start filling the FAQ, on some questions I think I've found the answer  :)
so here it goes (in random order).

- Q: Is there a command line option for the gunbot.exe (on the windows platform) to start gunbot with a list of currency pairs?
- Q: In the GUNBOT.EXE, when I load the config for a pair, and I start the gunbot for that pair, it seems to be working on a previous pair instead of the chosen pair
- - A: Always safe the pair before starting the gunbot. The gunbot process takes the config from config.js, which is updated only when you save the pair currently visible in the gunbot settings window.
- Q: What is the difference of running a currency pair with the same settings, with the gunbot.exe or supergun.exe

at the bottom of the FAQ, maybe a list of error codes and explanation?

- Q: What does this error code mean : statusCode 422
-- A: This is an error from Poloniex. You will see this error once in a while. As long as you don't see this error continuously, it will not interfere with the bot's activity. If you see this error the first time you run gunbot, it may be a problem with your API key
- Q: What does this error code mean : statusCode 403
-- A: This may indicate a problem with the Poloniex API system, the API system may be overloaded, or the API key you are using is not authorized, or you are using an incorrect secret

that is it for now

Feel free to update the text or correct my answers

L.
Donations :
BTC : 1CTuCebS65v3591RisFqLPHMJusUSMJVAo // ETH : 0xee4e118bC10Acc88252e6A8f2a7E9bDe32e1F526
https://cointracking.info?ref=L742532 (Referred person gets 10% discount for all Account Upgrades)

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:06:06 AM »
~snip

Here is a tutorial about how to start multiple pairs at once https://gunthy.org/index.php?topic=47.0

the gunbot.exe is the GUI for supergun.exe: start gunbot.exe

all status codes you see in the bot are http1 status code yu can find here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes

The bot handles them all, no need manual actions (unless you get error 403: bad credentials)

Offline litbit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 01:34:19 PM »

Ok, I thought there was a difference between supergun and gunbot on how "the bot" behaves because of this (supergun vs 1000trades strategy):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1715214.msg17942910#msg17942910

Donations :
BTC : 1CTuCebS65v3591RisFqLPHMJusUSMJVAo // ETH : 0xee4e118bC10Acc88252e6A8f2a7E9bDe32e1F526
https://cointracking.info?ref=L742532 (Referred person gets 10% discount for all Account Upgrades)

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 01:52:57 PM »

Ok, I thought there was a difference between supergun and gunbot on how "the bot" behaves because of this (supergun vs 1000trades strategy):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1715214.msg17942910#msg17942910

no you can start 1000 trades with the PLAY button and supergun with the blue button

Offline litbit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 02:11:48 PM »
OK,
so we can start the supergun using batch files (supergun.exe), but not the 1000trades
Donations :

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 03:36:39 PM »
OK,
so we can start the supergun using batch files (supergun.exe), but not the 1000trades

replace supergun.exe with "node 1000trades" command

Offline amnesia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 11:20:08 AM »
i) Can we play with the USDT orderbooks with linux ver 2.0.4??

ii) in Config Suggestions For Beginners thread, you mention that in 1000trades strategy, we should use EMA1 & EMA2 values of 2 and up to 4 respectively. Is that correct, and does it apply to ver2.0.4 for linux? Because in supegun we use values 0.02 and 0.04

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:29:43 AM by amnesia »

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
Can we play with the USDT orderbooks?

Yes. Remember to set "max balance" in USDT. Also: you need USDT in your balance

Offline amnesia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 11:31:32 AM »
Yes. Remember to set "max balance" in USDT. Also: you need USDT in your balance

Awesome. Please check my previous post for an edit i added as you were typing this post

You're quick Gunthar!!

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »
ii) in Config Suggestions For Beginners thread, you mention that in 1000trades strategy, we should use EMA1 & EMA2 values of 2 and up to 4 respectively. Is that correct, and does it apply to ver2.0.4 for linux? Because in supegun we use values 0.02 and 0.04

Yes it is correct. Check this thread too https://gunthy.org/index.php?topic=44.0

Offline gnix

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 08:44:05 AM »
Q1: I have been running v2.0.4 on linux with symlinks all pointing to the same file. is this still possible with version 3? i am referring to the setting: DEFAULT_CURRENCY_PAIR (see Q2).

Q2: I have some questioons regarding some of the settings, that are not intuitive to me:
  • DEFAULT_CURRENCY_PAIR:
    what does this refer to? should this be the same as the filename e.g.: in poloniex-BTC_ETH-config.js should this be set to BTC_ETH?
  • BOT_MAX_LIFETIME:
    should i set this to something like (1000*60)*60*24*365 if i would like the bot to continue for an indefinite amount of time? can you please explain what the point of this setting is?
  • default settings in general:
    i suspect that you have run some backtests with the new bot and the BB strategy using LOW and HIGH values of 5% was fairly successful?

thank you.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 08:47:04 AM by gnix »

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 10:15:10 PM »
Q1: I have been running v2.0.4 on linux with symlinks all pointing to the same file. is this still possible with version 3? i am referring to the setting: DEFAULT_CURRENCY_PAIR (see Q2).
Yes the command line option for the currency pair ovverides the config

• DEFAULT_CURRENCY_PAIR:
overriden by the command line option
BOT_MAX_LIFETIME:
Set it to 999999999 to let the bot run forever
i suspect that you have run some backtests with the new bot and the BB strategy using LOW and HIGH values of 5% was fairly successful?
It really depends on the coin. I'd suggest you to study the graphics and decide the quote by yourself.

Offline joe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »
Hi Gunthar,
my questions - all related to gunbot v3:

Q1: Can we set BB to negative % values to buy lower than BB1 and sell higher than BB2  in v3 of gunbot ?

Q2: What if we want to use values of BB on e.g. 1Day or 4hour chart interval ? Is it possible ? Or are BB calculated only from 15min interval ? If it is possible, what should I set and where in pair config to use BB on higher timeframes ?

Q3: How do we start / or use "Russian Roulett" strategy under linux using command line ? And which config file will it use ? I can't find any documentation for setting up this strategy.

Q4: Could you possibly post here examples of default configs for all 4 strategies for e.g. BTC_ETH pair on poloniex with minimal required options for respective gunbot strategy (4 strategies: 1000trades, Russian roulett, supergun (step-gain), supergun (BB/EMA)) ? I think it would help a lot of people to have clear default template configs for all strategies available in gunbot. Thank you very much for considering this.

Q5: Can gunbot v3 - Kraken trade there on margin - e.g. BTC-USD margin trading ? If not, would you consider implementing it?

Thank you very much for your help&reply.

Offline Doc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 08:04:38 PM »
Hi Gunthar!

is it possible to setup Poloniex to show BBs similar to those GUNBOT calculates? what are the settings?

thanks

Offline helvtiminer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 10:01:47 AM »
Hi Gunthar,
my questions - all related to gunbot v3:

Q1: Can we set BB to negative % values to buy lower than BB1 and sell higher than BB2  in v3 of gunbot ?

Q2: What if we want to use values of BB on e.g. 1Day or 4hour chart interval ? Is it possible ? Or are BB calculated only from 15min interval ? If it is possible, what should I set and where in pair config to use BB on higher timeframes ?

Q3: How do we start / or use "Russian Roulett" strategy under linux using command line ? And which config file will it use ? I can't find any documentation for setting up this strategy.

Q4: Could you possibly post here examples of default configs for all 4 strategies for e.g. BTC_ETH pair on poloniex with minimal required options for respective gunbot strategy (4 strategies: 1000trades, Russian roulett, supergun (step-gain), supergun (BB/EMA)) ? I think it would help a lot of people to have clear default template configs for all strategies available in gunbot. Thank you very much for considering this.

Q5: Can gunbot v3 - Kraken trade there on margin - e.g. BTC-USD margin trading ? If not, would you consider implementing it?

Thank you very much for your help&reply.

+1 for Q4

Offline cryptocant

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 07:36:28 PM »

Offline Vicblan366

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 02:13:59 AM »
Hola Gunther

quisiera saber como quitar monedas de la barra principal (detenerlas) sin borralas, solo detenerlas

saludos

Offline Dehumanizer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 12:13:22 AM »
I have just bought a license for Kraken and I need to figure things out...
For test, I started it with LTCXBT pair. I'm running it on Linux server. When I have started it, it has done two trades of 0.06 BTC each, which is the first thing I don't understand, since the BTC_TRADING_LIMIT is set to 0.01. How come it has done 0.06 btc trades?
Second thing, when I now run it, it says: TRAILING STOP!!!
The value of this coin dropped below bought price (0.012048998829933263). Proceeding with Trailing Stop!
I don't understand that, it didn't buy anything at 0.01204 (and the price wasn't there for several weeks if I remember correctly), so how did it come up with that price?
Also how do I know it has picked up the trades it previously made when I restart it?

Offline Dehumanizer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 12:32:25 AM »
after a closer look, it looks to me that it is still trying to execute that trailing stop, that's also why it opened those 0.06 trades, for some reason it thinks it has previously opened some trades if I understand that correctly... question is why and what can I do about it...