Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bugs/Issues tracker v3.2  (Read 46299 times)

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bugs/Issues tracker v3.2
« on: May 11, 2017, 11:01:31 PM »
This post is for your reports about bugs/issues to be fixed in the actual 3.2 version for all strategies. Please report any bug here, possibly with console screenshots or detailed description of the bug/issue. I will not answer here but i will answer with improved/fixed code: i'll use this post as a list of "to-do" things and reminder and i will tag [SOLVED] any fixed report of yours once i found the solution. I'll delete posts that are reporting "not reproducible" bugs, such as user's errors/misconfigurations and such: if you see your post deleted, please post it again in Beginners and Help, you will receive answers there.
Thanks!
~Gun

EDIT: please notice that this post is highly moderated to keep it cleaned up from off topics. This is a bug tracker, post your help/support requests on other boards or in PM.

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs/Issues tracker v3.2
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:41:16 AM »
Priority ALLPAIRS-params.js vs poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js changes after starting GUNBOT.

Tested: gunthy-linuxx64 - only with poloniex

ALLPAIRS-params.js:
Code: [Select]
BOT_SLEEP_DELAY:(1000) * 22
BOT_ON_FAIL_DELAY:(1000) * 55

poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js:
BOT_SLEEP_DELAY:(1000) * 44

>>> STARTING

When starting the bot (./gunthy-linuxx64 BTC_XXX poloniex) it prioritizes ALLPAIRS-params.js over poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js.
Output:
next delay will be 22s

>>> RUNNING

Changing the ALLPAIRS-params.js while the bot is running will have no effect. Looks like the file is not watched.
But changing poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js while the bot is running, triggers the reconfiguration and now it prioritizes poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js over ALLPAIRS-params.js.

Changing poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js to:
BOT_ON_FAIL_DELAY:(1000) * 99 // <-- changed

Output:
next delay will be 44s
Suggestions:
- Watch both configs (ALLPAIRS-params.js and market-BTC_XXX-config.js) for changes.
- In any case (starting and running) prioritize the specific config (market-BTC_XXX-config.js) over the general config (ALLPAIRS-params.js).
Gunbot Monitor
Support gmon and send a tip: BTC wallet: 1GJCGZPn6okFefrRjPPWU73XgMrctSW1jT

Offline dobcrypto

• Contributor
  • Russian - native language
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 02:34:08 PM »
Double buy on
BUY_STRATEGY: "BB",
SELL_STRATEGY: "GAIN",
BTC_TRADING_LIMIT: 0.01

Offline IvanStoycho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Market Buy/Sell Orders lead to losses
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 05:47:34 PM »
When the time to buy has come, gunbot puts market order to buy to a price that is in reality incorrect.

Settings:
gunbot v3.2, buy strategy: BB, 25%; sell strategy: GAIN 3% 5%, bot delay time: 60s

Description:
Having lower 'bought price' leads to inappropriate calculations of the GAIN % (sell strategy is GAIN). Afterwards, because sell orders are also market the result is unpredictable and at least in my case all trades lead to losses.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 05:51:53 PM by IvanStoycho »

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Market Buy/Sell Orders lead to losses
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 05:57:38 PM »
When the time to buy has come, gunbot puts market order to buy to a price that is in reality incorrect.

Settings:
gunbot v3.2, buy strategy: BB, 25%; sell strategy: GAIN 3% 5%, bot delay time: 60s

Description:
Having lower 'bought price' leads to inappropriate calculations of the GAIN % (sell strategy is GAIN). Afterwards, because sell orders are also market the result is unpredictable and at least in my case all trades lead to losses.

The problem is fixed in patch 2019: moved to limit. Apparently the issue is that we dont get "market" price from their api, we get "average" price. Reference: https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/203325783-Market-and-Limit-Orders

Offline IvanStoycho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
GUnbot or Kraken issue
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 06:12:48 PM »
UPDATE :  Issue not reproducible anymore after patch 2019 is applied. Thanks!

I don't even know how to summarize this  - crazy things are happening

Description:
Gunbot is placing market orders and Kraken says they are cancelled (for some reason), but at the end Gunbot is selling less amount that it purchased and Kraken accepts. But because those are market orders.... this game is not funny for me.
Please check attached log files and screenshots.

Additional details:
I used an old -save.json file in order to reuse the BB calculation, and had some leftover amounts I did not see in Kraken (0.00000036). i bought some volume to reach 16 ICNs. Gunbot spit an error for unknown bought price, so I immediately sold the 16 ICN.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 06:57:37 AM by IvanStoycho »

Offline IvanStoycho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Other pairs on hold while one pair has a pending (untouched) order
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 06:30:10 PM »
When one Pair places an order that is not yet executed, all the rest of the pairs pretend to have the same order for their currency.
This holds all the other pairs to proceed normally

Settings:
Gunbot v3.2, win headless, Buy strategy: BB, 25%; sell strategy: GAIN 3%, bot delay: 60s

Details:
Gunbot placed a buy order for LTC that was processed with a delay of some minutes by Kraken.
Meanwhile, all the rest of the pairs that were about to proceeed with a buy/sell had the same message:
2017/05/12 00:40:10   Waiting for orders: 370.248 XLTC    , for LTC
2017/05/12 00:26:33   Waiting for orders: 370.248 XXLM   , for XLM
2017/05/12 00:26:07   Waiting for orders: 370.248 XETC   , for ETC

etc. etc.

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 06:40:15 PM »

Offline IvanStoycho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 07:18:19 PM »

Please apply patch #1029_ i moved kraken to limit market
[/quote]

Great, thanks! Just restarting with the patch

Offline strshtr

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Process out of memory
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 09:16:23 PM »
Across all 3 exchanges using v3.2 on linux mint64 vm gunthy-linuxx64 I'm periodically seeing the following error

Process out of memory. I have to restart the pair to get it working again.

Offline zardos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 12:16:01 AM »
Priority ALLPAIRS-params.js vs poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js changes after starting GUNBOT.

Tested: gunthy-linuxx64 - only with poloniex

ALLPAIRS-params.js:
BOT_SLEEP_DELAY:(1000) * 22

poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js:

>>> STARTING

When starting the bot (./gunthy-linuxx64 BTC_XXX poloniex) it prioritizes ALLPAIRS-params.js over poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js.
Output:
next delay will be 22s

>>> RUNNING

Changing the ALLPAIRS-params.js while the bot is running will have no effect. Looks like the file is not watched.
But changing poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js while the bot is running, triggers the reconfiguration and now it prioritizes poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js over ALLPAIRS-params.js.

Changing poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js to:
BOT_ON_FAIL_DELAY:(1000) * 99 // <-- changed

Output:
next delay will be 44s
Suggestions:
- Watch both configs (ALLPAIRS-params.js and market-BTC_XXX-config.js) for changes.
- In any case (starting and running) prioritize the specific config (market-BTC_XXX-config.js) over the general config (ALLPAIRS-params.js).
I think this is what I am talking about too... here's what I wrote in Telegram & Gun asked me to post here:

1) set refresh time to 20 secs in Allpairs
2) set refresh time to 120 in Dash pair
3) start bot — it will use the 20 sec time
4) make a change and resave the Dash pair
5) Bot will reconfigure and use the 120 time
6) stop the bot and restart the bot — it will switch to the 20 sec time from AllPairs again

The problem here is, it breaks the reconfig totally.   I suggest it always use the AllPairs as the override regardless of which is saved last.        Of course, I also am an advocate of switching this, to make the coin's config the override, and All Pairs just a default (opposite of the way it works now)... but that's another issue for down the road.   I think the "quick fix" is to do what I said in second sentence.

PS - I always feel bad reporting/suggesting...     I wanted to compliment Gunthar on an awesome job on the bot!  Really good work!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:20:00 AM by zardos »

Offline Beachguy

• Rookie
  • Former Gunbot Reseller
    • View Profile
Re: Process out of memory
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 11:57:05 AM »
Across all 3 exchanges using v3.2 on linux mint64 vm gunthy-linuxx64 I'm periodically seeing the following error

This first appeared for me back in v2.03 when polo was so laggy. It's not the bot it's polo.
Just close and restart the pair.

Offline OutOfSync

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 01:24:24 PM »
2 issues to report:

1) "Altcoin on orders" is reported incorrectly in kraken market (did not check other markets):

Situation: I have some ETH that I manually placed a selling order for. Now I started a different pair in kraken from scratch with brand new config and no save file. The ETH on orders is now reported as "balance on order" for the newly started pair and the bot is confused because it thinks we have altcoins but no boughtPrice. This could be mitigated if the "balance on order" is reported correctly for the pair the bot is running.

2) I cannot find the Low BB and High BB values in the "-save.json" file.

Saving these important values would make it easy to write a GUI that reports them over time. I am thinking along the lines of an InfluxDB database with Grafana dashboard tracking all parameters. Would be really nice to tweak the bot.

Thanks Gunthar for an awesome update!

Offline strshtr

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Process out of memory
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2017, 07:29:00 PM »

This first appeared for me back in v2.03 when polo was so laggy. It's not the bot it's polo.
Just close and restart the pair.

This resolved the issue temporarily but it keeps coming up on different pairs and exchanges (not just poloniex) runnings 3.2. I'm also running v2.04 and it doesn't appear to be affected.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 07:35:08 PM by strshtr »

Offline IvanStoycho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Market Buy/Sell Orders lead to losses
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 06:56:44 AM »

The problem is fixed in patch 2019: moved to limit. Apparently the issue is that we dont get "market" price from their api, we get "average" price. Reference: https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/203325783-Market-and-Limit-Orders

I confirm problem solved with patch 2019

Offline nixxda

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2017, 08:35:31 AM »
Tripple an quadruple buys on Patch 2019!

"BB" strategy, poloniex!

All pairs are set to "BTC_TRADING_LIMIT: 0.035"

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 08:00:13 PM »
2 issues to report:

1) "Altcoin on orders" is reported incorrectly in kraken market (did not check other markets):

Situation: I have some ETH that I manually placed a selling order for. Now I started a different pair in kraken from scratch with brand new config and no save file. The ETH on orders is now reported as "balance on order" for the newly started pair and the bot is confused because it thinks we have altcoins but no boughtPrice. This could be mitigated if the "balance on order" is reported correctly for the pair the bot is running.

2) I cannot find the Low BB and High BB values in the "-save.json" file.

Saving these important values would make it easy to write a GUI that reports them over time. I am thinking along the lines of an InfluxDB database with Grafana dashboard tracking all parameters. Would be really nice to tweak the bot.

Thanks Gunthar for an awesome update!

Solved both in patch 2020
Thanks for reporting!

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 08:01:14 PM »
Tripple an quadruple buys on Patch 2019!

"BB" strategy, poloniex!

All pairs are set to "BTC_TRADING_LIMIT: 0.035"

statuscode 502, 429, 422 from poloniex caused this. Please apply patch 2020 to mitigate about 99% of these issues.

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Other pairs on hold while one pair has a pending (untouched) order
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 08:02:34 PM »
When one Pair places an order that is not yet executed, all the rest of the pairs pretend to have the same order for their currency.
This holds all the other pairs to proceed normally

Settings:
Gunbot v3.2, win headless, Buy strategy: BB, 25%; sell strategy: GAIN 3%, bot delay: 60s

Details:
Gunbot placed a buy order for LTC that was processed with a delay of some minutes by Kraken.
Meanwhile, all the rest of the pairs that were about to proceeed with a buy/sell had the same message:
2017/05/12 00:40:10   Waiting for orders: 370.248 XLTC    , for LTC
2017/05/12 00:26:33   Waiting for orders: 370.248 XXLM   , for XLM
2017/05/12 00:26:07   Waiting for orders: 370.248 XETC   , for ETC

etc. etc.
fixed in patch 2020
Thanks for reporting!

Offline ARosie

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2017, 09:19:06 PM »
This might have been fixed in 2020 patch (I just updated so not sure yet), but I've noticed the bot leaves older BUY orders hanging, even after the price has increased significantly and it was since purchased the same coin at a higher price. This makes less BTC available for other buy orders.