Username: Password:

Author Topic: Question about tradingview add-on  (Read 3012 times)

Offline philipina

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Question about tradingview add-on
« on: January 22, 2020, 10:18:50 AM »
Hello,

I'm looking after a bot where I can write my own strategy.
I chose gunbot when I saw that I could trigger signals from Tradingview. I like this idea and I want to validate it before buying gunbot.

But I see a problem. The idea of a bot for me, is that it will be able to make multiple buy and sell operations without user interaction.

But the problem is that if I want to use Trandingview to trigger buy and sell signal, this can only work for one single trade.
To my understanding, on tradingview side, when I will configure the Buy alert, I will have to set the alert frequency to "Only once".
I will also have to do the same for the Sell alert.

So, this means that once the bot will have done one trade, I will have to go back to tradingview and restart both alerts to get the next buy and sell signal.
This is not what I would call automated trading.

The reason why I have to set the alert frequency "Only once" for the alert in Tradingview is to avoid that Tradingview generates multiple BUY signals and no SELL signal.
With the way how tradingview has implemented the alerting system, I don't see any solution to make sure that the next second BUY signal is only trigger once the first trade has been closed with the first SELL signal.

So, if I would set the alert frequency to "Once per bar" instead of "Only once", I could have the following scenario:

- BUY signal (on candle 1)
- BUY signal (on candle 2)
- BUY signal (on candle 3)
- SELL signal (on candle 4)

In this case, gunbot will open 3 positions instead of only one.
The problem is that tradingview does not provide the possibility to reset the BUY signal once the alert has been raised. So, if the signal is still good, the alert will be raised for every new candle.
This make the tradingview add-on almost useless with gunbot.

Is there a solution to solve this problem?

Offline donuts

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Question about tradingview add-on
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 07:54:26 PM »
just set one up with long buy/sell in the pair you what to trade and add alarm to them
and set one more up with short short sell one the same pair and add alarm to them.

https://imgur.com/a/HNvXuoV

and if you want gunbot to buy more at some procent i think you can set a up  Dollar Cost Avg (DCA)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:07:06 PM by donuts »