Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gunning the Multiverse with Hot Standby and Style!  (Read 10190 times)

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
Gunning the Multiverse with Hot Standby and Style!
« on: July 18, 2017, 08:44:13 AM »
I've realized a way to utilize PINGPONG in a manner that brings new found capabilities to Gunbot. If you are one who balks at the idea of managing individual pairs, then this will probably not be of interest to you, but if you don't mind a few minutes work up front, then you are in for a treat:

1. Create all of your preferred currency pairs (like BTC & USDT) through whatever method you prefer.

2. Remove (or better yet just comment out) strategy from ALL_PAIRS & add strategy Buy: PINGPONG 0.00000001 along with whatever Sell mode you prefer to individual pairs.

3. Open all of your multi currency pairs at once, yes that's right, all at once, BTC & USDT in perfect harmony.

Why? Because now you are in "Hot Standby" which means you will be polling and collecting data, but your multi currency pairs won't step on each other's toes because the overlapping ones are both set to Buy: PINGPONG 0.00000001 (meaning they'll never buy). Then you can change Buy: to whatever you prefer on one of the overlapping pairs without worry about putting them both into a feeding loop.

This means you won't need multiple exchange accounts. This also means when you see the market turn south and want to trade USDT, you won't need to wait hours for BB data to generate on your USDT pairs, they are "Hot" and ready. Also maybe you have pairs that you "sometimes" run, you can now have those hounds ready to release at a moment's notice as well. Want to try a new strategy out on just one pair? Check. Want to tune each pair for movement? Check.

For the last part of the title I mentioned Style!... subjective yes but if you can't appreciate the beauty that is Gunthy GUI then you don't have any :p

4. Buy Gunthy GUI... https://gunthy.org/index.php?topic=336.0

Using Sjakil's elegant code, you have the means to easily toggle individual pair settings all from within one luxurious console masterfully crafted from the finest bits of zeros & ones to ever cross your screen... and now you are Gunning the Multiverse with Hot Standby and Style!

(Notice: No pairs were harmed or made to do battle with each other in the making of this thread.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:52:52 AM by allanster »
more human than human

Offline tdhgrove

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Gunning the Multiverse with Hot Standby and Style!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 09:38:06 AM »
I've realized a way to utilize PINGPONG in a manner that brings new found capabilities to Gunbot. If you are one who balks at the idea of managing individual pairs, then this will probably not be of interest to you, but if you don't mind a few minutes work up front, then you are in for a treat:

1. Create all of your preferred currency pairs (like BTC & USDT) through whatever method you prefer.

2. Remove strategy from ALL_PAIRS & add strategy Buy: PINGPONG 0 along with whatever Sell mode you prefer to individual pairs.

3. Open all of your multi currency pairs at once, yes that's right, all at once, BTC & USDT in perfect harmony.

Why? Because now you are in "Hot Standby" which means you will be polling and collecting data, but your multi currency pairs won't step on each other's toes because the overlapping ones are both set to Buy: PINGPONG 0 (meaning they'll never buy). Then you can change Buy: to whatever you prefer on one of the overlapping pairs without worry about putting them both into a feeding loop.

This means you won't need multiple exchange accounts. This also means when you see the market turn south and want to trade USDT, you won't need to wait hours for BB data to generate on your USDT pairs, they are "Hot" and ready. Also maybe you have pairs that you "sometimes" run, you can now have those hounds ready to release at a moment's notice as well. Want to try a new strategy out on just one pair? Check. Want to tune each pair for movement? Check.

For the last part of the title I mentioned Style!... subjective yes but if you can't appreciate the beauty that is Gunthy GUI then you don't have any :p

4. Buy Gunthy GUI... https://gunthy.org/index.php?topic=336.0

Using Sjakil's elegant code, you have the means to easily toggle individual pair settings all from within one luxurious console masterfully crafted from the finest bits of zeros & ones to ever cross your screen... and now you are Gunning the Multiverse with Hot Standby and Style!

(Notice: No pairs were harmed or made to do battle with each other in the making of this thread.)

thats fricken brilliant, totally stealing this :D

Offline AlexXx

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 12:49:07 AM »

2. Remove strategy from ALL_PAIRS & add strategy Buy: PINGPONG 0 along with whatever Sell mode you prefer to individual pairs.

Why? Because now you are in "Hot Standby" which means you will be polling and collecting data, but your multi currency pairs won't step on each other's toes because the overlapping ones are both set to Buy: PINGPONG 0 (meaning they'll never buy). Then you can change Buy: to whatever you prefer on one of the overlapping pairs without worry about putting them both into a feeding loop.

(Notice: No
Ehy, thank you for sharing with us your knowledge, i'm a very newbie and i had some question...

1) I've already created my Pairs cuz are running now with a strategy, let's assume that i want to trade BTC_ETH with BB & BB , and BTC_ETH with SG SG, What i must do ??? just modify allpairs-params.js?

2) I have not any setting in allpairs params, is empty, what i must do? copy the BTC_XXX config. that is already running and modify the code by deleting BTC_XXX to make this works with all pairs?  "PINGPONG 0" must be replaced in Buy strategy, like this "BUY_STRATEGY: 'PINGPONG 0 " , or you must put 0 here " // PINGPONG
  PINGPONG_BUY: 0, // [DEFAULT: 0.000001] " ? Once that you have done it, i must replace the buy strategy of all my pairs one by one?

3)  Can you post some your own Allpairs config for help me what i must do for do that? i will understand more and i can copy and paste yours and modify the setting as i want

4) For starting the same pairs but with different config, how i must do? just with gadd or pm2 btc_xxx ecc ecc ?

Thank you in advise

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 04:08:17 AM »
Ehy, thank you for sharing with us your knowledge, i'm a very newbie and i had some question...

1) I've already created my Pairs cuz are running now with a strategy, let's assume that i want to trade BTC_ETH with BB & BB , and BTC_ETH with SG SG, What i must do ??? just modify allpairs-params.js?

2) I have not any setting in allpairs params, is empty, what i must do? copy the BTC_XXX config. that is already running and modify the code by deleting BTC_XXX to make this works with all pairs?  "PINGPONG 0" must be replaced in Buy strategy, like this "BUY_STRATEGY: 'PINGPONG 0 " , or you must put 0 here " // PINGPONG
  PINGPONG_BUY: 0, // [DEFAULT: 0.000001] " ? Once that you have done it, i must replace the buy strategy of all my pairs one by one?

3)  Can you post some your own Allpairs config for help me what i must do for do that? i will understand more and i can copy and paste yours and modify the setting as i want

4) For starting the same pairs but with different config, how i must do? just with gadd or pm2 btc_xxx ecc ecc ?

Thank you in advise

AlexXx,

You have an example ALL_PAIRS and also example individual pair files with defaults already included with your install. Make a copy of those files as backup and put in folder elsewhere. Then you can open ALL_PAIRS with text editor and change your active ones in your Gunbot folder (directory). My files won't work for you because I use a different GUI that formats them differently.

If you share pair files be careful to strip out your API key & secret!

ALL_PAIRS is the king, he decides over the individuals, so any settings you put in ALL_PAIRS overrides individual pairs.

You can put // in front of the lines you want disabled in ALL_PAIRS and the individual pairs.

So if you want one strategy across the board you can put your strategy in ALL_PAIRS, if you want individual strategies, then comment out strategy (or delete lines) in your ALL_PAIRS and set the strategy settings in your individual files.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 06:02:44 AM by allanster »
more human than human

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 06:13:17 AM »
UPDATE: I updated the OP above from Buy: PINGPONG 0 to Buy: PINGPONG 0.00000001

I encountered some weird 3 way love triangle between BTC, ETH, & USDT where they were all interchanging amongst theirselves even though they had each been set to disallow buying. After searching for any comments that Gunthar had made in the past I came across his instructions to one user to use 0.00000001 in a similar scenario.

I believe the 0 was somehow blowing Gunbot's mind, as well as my own to witness it happening.
more human than human