Username: Password:

Author Topic: How many trades should I be getting?  (Read 6095 times)

Offline UndeadVandal

• Rookie
    • View Profile
How many trades should I be getting?
« on: January 15, 2018, 02:36:13 AM »
I'm obviously new to the gunbot and I'm still learning the ropes. I noticed gunbot isn't really trading all that often, its been running or a day and I changed things a lot, I had about 5 pairs running for 14 hours, all of them stepgain and one of bbstepgain. The only trades I saw was the  bbstepgain pair, it was buy, buy, sell, buy, buy. While I understand it's not supposed to be trading 10000 times a minute, I'd like to see my other pairs trade more often just for self satisfaction, right now Im staring at a log thats basically analyzing the market but doing nothing. Any tips on strategies that will make more trades? or am I better off letting it go.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: How many trades should I be getting?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 06:11:54 AM »
you answered this yourself. which strategy worked in present market conditions? and which produced nothing? a lesson to be learned, I should think. but, as it seems you have double up enabled, I would disable that. 1 sale on only 6 pairs in this market is fair for roughly half a day. if you want more, set up more pairs.

Offline UndeadVandal

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:52:05 AM »
Thanks for the response, I better optimized my pairs to the market conditions and made different setups for different market conditions... bbstepgain seems to be working the best for the current conditions!.. What are your thought on okkies mode? I turned it off because of the Enthusiasm message... is it really worth it to keep on, obviously its a matter of opinion but id like to hear yours:)

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 03:55:21 PM »
I never kept okkies on. We didn't have this option in early versions, and it worked just as well. We did not have the massive BTC surges either, but I keep an eye on the market anyways and I might stop the trades if I sense something fishy.