Username: Password:

Author Topic: Simple Trailing Stop Loss Setup  (Read 8101 times)

Offline amidshipsflip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Simple Trailing Stop Loss Setup
« on: January 06, 2018, 02:15:41 PM »
Hello Gunbot Community!

I'm thinking my first setup is: buy a coin manually that I think could go to the moon, set up a trailing stop loss sell on it versus BTC, go to bed. Wake up either on the moon, back on planet BTC, or somewhere in between.

I'm trying to sort through all the documentation and forums to figure out how to make this simple setup. I'll post my progress here.

Thanks!

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Trailing Stop Loss Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 04:07:35 PM »
That is actually doable with the bots setting., except for the buying period, which you plan on manually, you need to disable the bot. If you have a coin on your account, and it is already bought, you just put the bought price in the pairs override (so the bot knows when to begin the sell cycle) and leave the TSSL to sell it apropriately.

Offline amidshipsflip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:35:38 PM »
I studied the wiki on this.

If I have just one pair on the bot, I don't need to override, right?

The variable that applies I think is SELL_RANGE, according to the wiki:

Values: numerical – represent a percentage. This sets the sell range for tssl. Setting a range of 0.5% at a bought price of 0.1 would set a range between 0.0995 and 0.1005. Only used in tssl strategy.

Question: the "bought price of 0.1" refers to a recent price retrieved from the exchange, right?

Because a trailing stop loss is supposed to sell at a percentage of a recent high. This is what I want to do. A simple stop loss would be selling at a manually determined price. Want the stop to go up with the coin - a trailing stop loss.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 06:06:00 AM »
the bot needs to know the price at which you bought. that's what the override is for. the "bought price" refers to the actual trade.

Offline amidshipsflip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 01:48:07 AM »
Does TRADING_LIMIT apply to sells as well as buys? The wiki only mentions buys.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 05:48:09 AM »
the bot always sells all the altcoin in the account. trade limit is the amount of base currency to spend in a single buy.