Username: Password:

Author Topic: Minimum BTC to run Gunbot to make profit?  (Read 15957 times)

Offline 123b123

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Minimum BTC to run Gunbot to make profit?
« on: August 29, 2017, 11:26:59 AM »
Hi, I'm newbie. I have only 0.2btc in my wallet (very low :), but in my country, it's a big money), I want to buy Gunbot but I want to try to use trial but I can't find any download link. How can I download and use this bot in trial for a short time to test?
Another question, what is the minimum of BTC to run Gunbot.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Minimum BTC to run Gunbot to make profit?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 11:56:36 AM »
my view:
there is no trial version. you buy the license(s) for one (or more) exchange(s) you plan to use for your trades. then you send your API key from the chosen exchange to the author of the gunbot to get activated. download, configure and let it do its thing, possibly never turn it off. you run it 24/7/365. bot will start trading. if you buy a new license it will generally set you back 0.1 BTC, but you can buy a second hand license cheaper here on the forum (just make sure via gunthar that it is a legit license). use the rest of you money for trades (more than enough for a start, perhaps disable "double up"). I have run it with more than 10 times less than you have. It does not matter, you can set the trade value in BTC as low as your exchange will allow. I ran it with 0,003 BTC per trade on Kraken, it ran just fine on five pairs with 0,015 BTC capital on disabled double up. Running it with smaller value trades is advisable in the beginning as you learn the bot's responses to market swings and as you tweak the strategies to suit your trading style. When you get consistent results you are happy with, you can set trade values higher and maybe inject some more capital in your trade account.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:07:23 PM by sloaleks »

Offline 123b123

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 04:43:18 PM »
Hi sloaleks, thank for your advice.  Can you recommend me a VPS to run stable 24/7/365 gunbot. And after I setup a gunbot, what's the stragedy to make good profit? Thank you very much.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 06:17:02 AM »
Sorry, can't say anything about VPSs, I'm running it from my PC ATM. Sample startegies (working) are already built into the bot. You can run the bot as is, or play with the settings. Settings can also be bought from trading gurus on the forum. Choose your poison.

Offline rmandy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 03:51:00 AM »
How many instances  you are running on your pc?

I tried with different directories approach one for each instance but could make it work for only one instance though used different ports.

Second instance not launching....

I have 500GB hard disk Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2904 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 12:09:45 PM »
wiki says use pm2 for multiple instances. might have to know to code in js. I run one instance. half of my pairs against BTC and the other against EUR.

Offline monochromatic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 10:47:05 PM »
I set my bot up on a $20 VPS from Vultr, Ubuntu 16.04, but you could probably get started on a $5 VPS if you're on a budget.

Interesting to hear that you may be able to run multiple instances using PM2. I don't think you'll need any JS to do that. You need to use PM2 on a VPS anyway if you want the service to run in the background.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 06:45:38 AM »
As of since last xmass, I'm running two instances, on a VPS, each on its own port.

Offline mbdash

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 03:44:12 PM »
I dislike Amazon VPS due to no clear fees, "ok" specs. and not so easy interface.
I prefer Contabo VPS, I know the fee is a flat 20$ monthly for a kick ass Windows server machine on steroids.

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 04:19:11 PM »
There is not minimum to make a profit. Actually you should start low until you figure it out.

I could not get Amazon AWS to run properly. Very slow.
Vulture was very easy to set up, but very slow.

Right now I am running 1&1 windows 4GB/ 2 proc, which is very fast, reliable and not cheap at $40 a month.

Looking for something like it but at $20.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 06:29:57 PM »
I run two bots on an WIN 8, single core, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB SSdisk VPS for less than 10 US dollars a month, this is their cheapest VPS. It runs excellent, using about half the RAM. it could run another two bots without any trouble. Check at aruba cloud services.

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 08:07:53 PM »
I am in the USA

Offline mbdash

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 01:45:57 AM »
There is not minimum to make a profit. Actually you should start low until you figure it out.

Right now I am running 1&1 windows 4GB/ 2 proc, which is very fast, reliable and not cheap at $40 a month.

Contabo.com
VPS M SSD

4 cores
12 GB RAM
300GB SSD
8.00eur + 6.99eur for win server / month (20$ usd)

Offline Luis Giovany Caballero

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 12:31:40 AM »

Contabo.com
VPS M SSD

4 cores
12 GB RAM
300GB SSD
8.00eur + 6.99eur for win server / month (20$ usd)
Hi, I'm a rookie at Gunbot, and I have some questions:
is it necessary or buy a ssl certificate?
windows server 2012 0 2016?
I require administration panel? Yes ... What?
Thanks