Username: Password:

Author Topic: ExQ's Tradingview Setup Guide & Noobconfig  (Read 16688 times)

Offline Lea N.

• Contributor
  • Support Staff Member and Reseller
    • View Profile
ExQ's Tradingview Setup Guide & Noobconfig
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:35:35 PM »
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Due to massive requests from the Gunbot Elite Group and our main TheBotFather Group, I'm releasing as promised my Tradingview configuration. (Thanks guys, you're awesome :) )

Disclamers:
1. I'm no Pro programmer so I've kept this setup as basic as possible (also because I simply don't have the patience to write in Pinescript)
2. This setup as it is will use a similar technique as double_up so count some funds in
3. I've made gains in between 5%-20% with this setup, it is possible that you don't reach the same results due to market fluctuation
4. I'm not responsible in any kind of loss you make with this setup
5. The Setup is not perfect at all but a really good start to get in the Tradingview world and to get some impressive gains

============================================

Please consider donating even a small amount to me, I've lost quite a bit of BTC when running those tests for the community due to limited funds (had to sell at loss from time to time to keep running tests). Any amount will be appreciated!
BTC 1HfxfquxyA9zyS5ABBPBbDbhxQQvDYjBS5
ETH 0x385564A318EFF945f7a92EC650Dd600F83F66296
LTC LXK8px4wdwpwWpGSg5LJuVf1A53tn1zAH9
ARK AKqxYadwuQ9UMoekVtpoXpqyb8j2uytUrH

============================================

UPDATE: If you don't have the Tradingview Plugin activated yet, I got approved from Gunthar himself to sell them. They cost 0.05 BTC which is seriously nothing compared to the possibilities with it. Simply hit me up with @exquitas on telegram

For this we'll be using the default config provided in Gunbot 5.0.4 (TV_GAIN = 0.6,   this only got trigged once in 1 week of running this setup so you can leave it as it is)

So how do we describe this config for those that don't want to read? It is basically a Stepgain Buy / Stepgain BB Hybrid Sell

Let's get started:

• Create your account on Tradingview and activate your Pro Trial membership
You'll need a Pro Membership because you'll need 2 Alerts per Pair (BUY/SELL). Free membership only allows one Alert

• After signing up and activating your Pro Membership, proceed to Charts on the Dashboard

• Congratulations! You've made it to the core element of Tradingview. Basically what you can see in the screenshot below, is my config already up and running, so let me get to the details

=========== THE CONFIG ===========

On the top left there's a search bar, choose the pair you want to trade with Gunbot and choose the corresponding exchange for it.

Now on the right there's the Period setting. I personally had the best results with Period = 15mins you can change it to any desired period.

So lets start!

In total you'll need 3 EMA's and 1 BB Indicator.
To set them up go to the bottom, Pine Editor and Click on new and choose the indicators you need for this setup.

To get to my settings you have to configure them like this:

EMA 1 Length = 5 ; Source = close
EMA 2 Length = 10 ; Source = close
BB Length = 26 ; Source = close ; mult = 2 (Why did I choose 26 as length? well with 20 it has sold to early and with 30 almost always to late)
EMA 3 Length = 1 ; Source = BB;Plot  (Switch between the 3 BB Sources available until you have the top one. They all have the same name, to make it easier change the EMA 3 color to yellow for example

And bam, congrats you have the same chart as me now but how to set alerts up?

=========== Setting up alerts ===========

On the top right there's your Alerts Panel, click on the +

I'll use ETHBTC as an example here

BUY ALERT
Condition --- EMA (5,close) - Crossing Up - EMA (10, close)
Frequency --- Once per bar (on close)
Expiration Time --- Don't touch this
Alert Actions --- Send Email (only)
The message has to be written according to the exchange you're using

Copied from Github version 5.0.1 release notes:
For TradingViews plugin please read tutorial here https://www.tradingview.com/wiki/Creating_and_Managing_Alerts and create alerts with the following syntax:
ORDERTYPE_EXCHANGE_PAIR
Examples:
BUY_POLONIEX_BTC_ETH
SELL_POLONIEX_USDT_BTC
BUY_KRAKEN_DASHEUR
SELL_KRAKEN_XLTCXXBT
BUY_BITTREX_BTC-ETC
SELL_CRYPTOPIA_ETH_BTC
BUY_CRYPTOPIA_LTC_BTC

So since I'm using Bittrex in this case it'll be BUY_BITTREX_BTC-ETH

Sell Alert
Condition --- ETHBTC - Crossing Down - EMA (1, BB:Plot)
Frequency --- Once per bar (on close)
Expiration Time --- Don't touch this
Alert Actions --- Send Email (only)
Message --- SELL_BITTREX_BTC-ETH

So now let the magic happen :)

For the safety of your funds, only I mean ONLY use coins that are stable and no shitcoins.
In 5.0.4 Tradingview the bot doesn't know if he's already bought the pair that gets triggered by Tradingview. So if EMA 1 crosses EMA 2 up in this setup the bot will buy again even if there's an altcoin balance. This can happen if the trend never reached the sell trigger for example.

This will get "fixed" in 5.0.4 with an option where the user can chose if he wants to stop buying if there's a balance but in my honest opinion after running a few tests it works as a more predictable double_up feature and will sell at profit when the opportunity comes.

Correctly setting up your Gunbot for Email parsing will probably get discussed in another topic.

Side Note: There are also some coins where i'm using EMA1 crossing down EMA2 as Sell trigger. It entirely depends on the coin you're trading.

Happy trading gunners :)

Some proof:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:45:58 PM by Exquitas »

Offline Lea N.

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: ExQ's Tradingview Setup Guide & Noobconfig
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 04:25:29 AM »
You can use this TV strat, to backtest basic EMA crossings (5, 10) of Exquitas' guide. Dont forget to set the EMA source to "closed", as this is used in the strat described in the tutorial.

Tradingview Basic EMA Crossing Backtest
https://www.tradingview.com/script/yNNhMRlp-Gunbot-Basic-EMA-Crossing/

Thanks for backtesting!

You have to consider a few things while doing backtests:
- Gunbot doesn't sell at loss, it will only buy twice or more when the coin value dropped (double up), so the "Profitable" Value is not correct at all and will be 100% on all coins. Tradingview doesn't know that and will calculate every trade opportunity, even those at loss.
- I'm using High BB as sell point through EMA to maximize profits per gain and pure EMA crossing on some exception coins (those where I know I do enough Profit with EMA Crossing and they will almost never cross high BB)

Offline Lea N.

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 10:07:39 PM »
The highly anticipated new version of my configuration/strategy on Tradingview:

So what am I using now? Basically I'm using MACD to detect pumps (to buy) or dumps (to sell).

I works similar to my first configuration but more efficient and aggressive.

So here's my current config in action:

photo upload

Click where i've marked the red "1" to set Period to 5minutes.
Then select where i've marked the red "2" to set the Candles to Heikin Ashi

Copy/Paste this configuration in Pinescript:

Code: [Select]
//@version=1
study("MACD")
fast = 5, slow = 10
fastMA = ema(close, fast)
slowMA = ema(close, slow)
macd = fastMA - slowMA
signal = sma(macd, 9)
hist = macd - signal
plot(hist, title="nope", color=hist>0 and hist[0]>hist[1]?#00ff00:hist<=0 and hist[0]<hist[1]?#f72e2e:hist>0 and hist[0]<hist[1]?#008000:hist<0 and hist[0]>hist[1]?#7f0000:white, style=histogram)
plot(macd, title="red line", color=red)
plot(signal, title="yellow line", color=yellow)

Code updated, there will now be names visible and not "PLOT"

And select add to chart.

Setting up alerts:

Select in the first dropdown MACD and in the box on the right after selecting it Plot. Now which one do you have to chose?
Well i had to run some tests so I've made it easier for you.
Look at the red darts. For the first MACD you'll have to select the second Plot (it's the red line in the MACD indicator = Signal)
For the second MACD you'll have to select the third Plot (it's the yellow line in the MACD indicator = Signal)

Setting up the Sell Alert is the same thing, you'll only have to set "Crossing Down" instead of "Crossing Up" and change the message to SELL_BITTREX_BTC-ETH

In short: it will buy when the MACD Signal Trend detects an uptrending or sells when it detects a downtrend.

Additional notes (MUST READ):
The disclamer from my first post is still active.
In a downtrending market it is possible that this strategy still buys if there are some uptrends.

It will average down itself. So please set your TV_TRADING_LIMIT to low when the global trend is going down and to high when the trend is pumping.
Why am I saying this? I've had coins that were bought 10-15 times before a sell (at great profit) occurred.

Below is a screenshot as proof that the setup works. As you can see in it, before the first sell it has bought twice then sold all at once at profit.
The second sell occurred right before the trend dumped (even if the indicator shows a green candle, right afterwards it dropped)

In 505 there will be an option to turn double buys off, in my opinion leave it on because it averages out itself, IF you didn't choose to trade a shitcoin.

This setup works best on coins that move up and down constantly (NOT Doge or BCN) or extremely upwards.

Also if you're interested in buying the Plugin, you can PM me here in the Forums or write me on Telegram @exquitas or by clicking here --> https://t.me/exquitas or by visiting my website here --> https://www.crypto-tradingbot.com

Happy trading :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:58:50 AM by Exquitas »

Offline Damasta

• Rookie
  • suck my ボールズ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 11:02:35 PM »
Anyone who had the same problem as me, that in the alert setup the second plot to choose (the one the first one shall cross) only has 2 and not 3 options:
In the script you can title the plots
plot(macd, title="b", color=red)
plot(signal, title="c", color=yellow)

Offline Lea N.

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 06:12:42 AM »
Anyone who had the same problem as me, that in the alert setup the second plot to choose (the one the first one shall cross) only has 2 and not 3 options:
In the script you can title the plots
plot(macd, title="b", color=red)
plot(signal, title="c", color=yellow)

Thank you!

Implemented it to my guide to make it easier!

//@version=1
study("MACD")
fast = 5, slow = 10
fastMA = ema(close, fast)
slowMA = ema(close, slow)
macd = fastMA - slowMA
signal = sma(macd, 9)
hist = macd - signal
plot(hist, title="nope", color=hist>0 and hist[0]>hist[1]?#00ff00:hist<=0 and hist[0]<hist[1]?#f72e2e:hist>0 and hist[0]<hist[1]?#008000:hist<0 and hist[0]>hist[1]?#7f0000:white, style=histogram)
plot(macd, title="red line", color=red)
plot(signal, title="yellow line", color=yellow)

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 10:06:22 AM »
Nice work Exquitas!
more human than human

Offline arkantos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 10:20:18 AM »
can you share from your experience which PAIR that usually send more alert. 2 or 3 pairs is really appreciated.

Currently I need to test how it works before purchased it. need to understand how profitable it is compare to existing GB.

thanks

Offline maxiking

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 06:00:25 PM »
hi!
di i have to configure the coin i want to buy in config.js with some strategy, or something else, or do i need only the bot section for get it buying with tradingview alerts?
thanks!

Offline Mjmail

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 01:40:20 AM »
After few hours, Trading View Addon stop alone with error message "Time out while authenticating with server...."

Offline Lea N.

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 08:58:43 PM »
After few hours, Trading View Addon stop alone with error message "Time out while authenticating with server...."

Hello, sorry for replying so late, please pm me over Telegram @exquitas

Offline arranka

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 03:59:12 PM »
What are the steps to follow to configure tradingview in the xt 602 version?

This is what I understand

1 create an account with pro membership in tradingiview
2 activate tradingview in gunbot xt by putting mail and password
3 activate in the gmail oapciones so that the bot can work
4 set the currency pairs in tradingview and a strategy to buy and sell
5...? What am I forgetting? or what is missing?

Thank you

I want to have everything very clear before the installation