Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bittrex minimum sell limit prevented GB switching to buy mode  (Read 6636 times)

Offline WildCowboy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Bittrex minimum sell limit prevented GB switching to buy mode
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:42:58 PM »
I've been running the Gunbot 3.3 GUI on Bittrex for a couple of days now and I noticed a quirk on the BTC-NEO exchange. My BTC trade limit is 0.01, sell/buy is set to BB(lowBB = 30%)/Stepgain

For some reason not all NEO were sold during an order yesterday. A tiny amount of 0.00035560 NEO was left which is about 0.007 in real dollars. As NEO was dropping below the BB, Gunbot was stuck in sell mode. I tried to manually sell the 'less than a cent' off to BTC but Bittrex refused as it was below the minimum sell limit! After successfully selling it to $USDT Gunbot noticed the NEO were gone and immediately started to buy 0.01BTC as expected.

Is this a known issue that is solved on later versions?

This also really helped me to get a better understanding of how GB works  8).

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Bittrex minimum sell limit prevented GB switching to buy mode
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 07:13:35 AM »
Dust. A nuissance, to trade with dusty accounts switch to v. 504. It has a setting for handling dust in the strategies: "MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY": 0.00x,   "MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL": 0.00x (volume to be set higher than dust in ALT account)

Offline WildCowboy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Bittrex minimum sell limit prevented GB switching to buy mode
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 11:11:36 AM »
So I had to clear the dust for two other coins as well... I would like to upgrade to 5.04 but I couldn't any 5.xx versions to work, it says my Bittrex license is invalid ???

Does Bittrex send an API response/error message when an altcoin amount is too small to sell? This would then prompt Gunbot to ignore the dust and switch to buy mode. Just an idea 8)