Username: Password:

Author Topic: Using different trailing ranges per DCA cap count?  (Read 3303 times)

Offline WhiteGoblin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Using different trailing ranges per DCA cap count?
« on: November 12, 2020, 05:14:32 PM »

Hello everybody! Been a while since I've been around but it's great to see things still progressing here. A year or two back I remember seeing a thread where a guy had created the ability for the bot to place trailing DCA orders at different percentages depending on what number of it's cap count it was on. I've searched the forums and can't seem to find it again. I'd like to try this out in the newest v20 of the bot and am not sure where to start. Example: DCA #1 is purchased on a trailing of 0.25%, DCA #2 is purchased on a trailing of 0.5%, and DCA #3 is purchased on a trailing of 1%. I never fully explored the previous persons post about this so I'm not sure how he achieved this I just remember seeing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, /cheers!

Offline sbogovac

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Using different trailing ranges per DCA cap count?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 10:52:30 AM »

Hello everybody! Been a while since I've been around but it's great to see things still progressing here. A year or two back I remember seeing a thread where a guy had created the ability for the bot to place trailing DCA orders at different percentages depending on what number of it's cap count it was on. I've searched the forums and can't seem to find it again. I'd like to try this out in the newest v20 of the bot and am not sure where to start. Example: DCA #1 is purchased on a trailing of 0.25%, DCA #2 is purchased on a trailing of 0.5%, and DCA #3 is purchased on a trailing of 1%. I never fully explored the previous persons post about this so I'm not sure how he achieved this I just remember seeing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, /cheers!

Seems like something that could be accomplished using autoconfig.

Offline WhiteGoblin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 11:32:15 PM »
I'll have to try the autoconfig sometime and see what it has in comparison. The previous post a year back that had done this was obviously running a pre-autoconfig version of the bot though exploring every options screen I can find it doesn't appear to be a thing. I was thinking this would require some more in-depth modifications to be made instead of using the standard settings menus. Given this hasn't received many views I'll probably have to go back to searching the forums in hope I can find that old post again to see how it's done.

Any help / advice from more experienced users would be great though. Thanks for your time everybody! /cheers. :)

Offline sbogovac

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 10:51:27 AM »
I'll have to try the autoconfig sometime and see what it has in comparison. The previous post a year back that had done this was obviously running a pre-autoconfig version of the bot though exploring every options screen I can find it doesn't appear to be a thing. I was thinking this would require some more in-depth modifications to be made instead of using the standard settings menus. Given this hasn't received many views I'll probably have to go back to searching the forums in hope I can find that old post again to see how it's done.

Any help / advice from more experienced users would be great though. Thanks for your time everybody! /cheers. :)

Now that v20 has been released as stable the Wiki has been updated too and autoconfig has been properly documented: https://wiki.gunthy.org/how-to-work-with-gunbot/extras/autoconfig