Username: Password:

Author Topic: DCA buy only strategy  (Read 2322 times)

Offline zaja

• Rookie
    • View Profile
DCA buy only strategy
« on: August 29, 2022, 08:42:41 AM »
Glad to be a member of the Gunbot community, greetings to all.  :)

I have a question whether Gunbot can handle such a DCA strategy on a selected pair. I want the bot to buy and accumulate in such a way that for every 1% drop it buys for example $10 more, like this:
Pair: ADA-USDT
-1% > buy for 10 USDT
-2% > buy for 20 USDT
-3% > buy for 30 USDT
-4% > buy for 40 USDT
etc..

If possible, I would appreciate instructions on how to adjust the pair strategy in such a way.
Thanks

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: DCA buy only strategy
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 06:23:04 PM »
Glad to be a member of the Gunbot community, greetings to all.  :)

I have a question whether Gunbot can handle such a DCA strategy on a selected pair. I want the bot to buy and accumulate in such a way that for every 1% drop it buys

Hi Zaja, yes, it's possible to do it.

You need to set DU_BUYDOWN to 1. It's the minimum required price difference for a DU buy compared to the buy price of the previous order.
And assure all the other conditions are met. That way it will DCA buy every 1% as you want.

for example $10 more, like this:
Pair: ADA-USDT
-1% > buy for 10 USDT
-2% > buy for 20 USDT
-3% > buy for 30 USDT
-4% > buy for 40 USDT
etc..

If possible, I would appreciate instructions on how to adjust the pair strategy in such a way.
Thanks

You can't do it using directly DOUBLE_UP_CAP as it's a ratio, for example if you set it to 2, it would buy 2x the same amount you have purchased. It would be 10, 20, 60, 180...

You can do it with DOUBLE_UP_CAP but you need to use autoconfig to change the ratio for each DCA so it match the exact results you want.