Username: Password:

Author Topic: Binance - getting rid of coin dust?  (Read 6620 times)

Offline vorak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Binance - getting rid of coin dust?
« on: April 18, 2018, 02:00:23 PM »
I put a pair in Gunbot on binance that I have very little of (0.0002) and you can't sell that much on binance yet the bot is in a loop where it tries to sell these remaining

Is there a way to ignore this? I can't even trade this dust for anything on Binance and I can't send it to a wallet since the fees are higher than what I have

Right now I just disabled these pairs but I would like the bot to be able to trade them

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Binance - getting rid of coin dust?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 10:09:27 AM »
you'll have to manually clear this if you want to get completely rid of it. manually buy the difference to a value above the trade minimum on binance and right after you bought manually sell the lot. you will loose a little change in the form of both fees. alternatively set in chosen strategy the bot's minimums to buy and to sell above the dust value (then the bot will ignore the dust). read up the wiki on how to set it up correctly.

Offline spikything

• Rookie
  • Gunbot trader
    • View Profile
    • spikything.com
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 10:54:04 AM »
Also, although this won't help you get rid of existing dust (unless you buy the difference of the minimum tradable amount of a coin first), make sure you have some BNB coin (Binance Coin) and set 'use BNB for fees'. The benefits are two-fold:

- You can trade nice round numbers with the fees coming out of your BNB balance, theoretically leaving no dust
- You'll save money with discounted fees for using BNB coin

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »
yeah, good one spiky. forgot about the binance coin.

Offline vorak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 09:00:36 PM »
Binance finally added a "Convert to BNB" button in balance screen, recovered quite a bit that I can now use for fees!