Username: Password:

Author Topic: Multiple orders to be 100% sure you sell  (Read 6161 times)

Offline Jdieks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Multiple orders to be 100% sure you sell
« on: February 14, 2018, 09:19:21 AM »
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with the following:
I'm thinking to make scripts that run on eg 1 minute but have a security function that also makes eg 15 minute candles.

Then I want to do all the normal TA with the 15 minute candles, but when there is a sell signal, I want to make a little loop where if fires a couple of sell signals, depending on how the price will behalve. I will use the minute candles for these sell signals.

The idea is that, when using several sell alerts, I want to be 100% sure that I actually sell everything and that I won't be stuck with an order that only sells half and the rest basically turns into a bag. I use TV_PROTECTION off, and I take care of minimal gains etc inside of my scripts.

So the real question is: if GB already had an open order that is not filled yet and it receives a new order.. Will it cancel the old one and put the new one in the exchange or will it ignore the new order and just keep the old one?

Otherwise AUTOCANCEL_ON_NEW_TV_ORDER would be a feature request :)

Offline karenmkrohn

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple orders to be 100% sure you sell
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »
I have a related question:  if TradingView signals GunBot to buy an altcoin but I have no basecoin at that instant, how long will that order remain valid?  Is this fill-or-kill, or is the order persistence determined by TIMEOUT_SELL and TIMEOUT_BUY, or by TRADES_TIMEOUT, or by CANCEL_ORDERS_ENABLED and CANCEL_ORDERS_CYCLE_CAP together, or how? 

I can see I'll want to keep the relevant interval short, lest the capital released by the next altcoin sale be reinvested in altcoin1 at a less advantageous moment, long after the "BUY" signal was sent by TV.  Which parameter is best kept short for TradingView trades?