Username: Password:

Author Topic: Setup  (Read 7747 times)

Offline DiomedeX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Setup
« on: August 26, 2017, 02:45:07 PM »
Hello,

I came across Gunbot today and would like to ask a few questions before acquiring the license.

1) I would like to put a working with with the Gunbot installed in Italy. Do I need a VPS?
2) I do not live in the same appartment but travel a lot. Once done the settings does it need to get regular checking or can I just leave it for weeks/months with the default settings? Or would you suggest to me to buy another laptop and take that with me the whole time?
3) I would put a given amount of BC to Bittrex or Polo to put it to work, but at the same time I also would have some longer positions on the exchange. Can I do it indipendently or would it interfere with the bots activity?

Sorry for the noob questions. Just trying to figure everything out :)

Thank you!

Offline cryptosticks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Setup
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 03:25:01 AM »
Hi DiaomedeX,

I recommend you get a VPS.  A VPS located in the country where the exchange is may have better connectivity to the exchange.

You would want to be able to control the GunBot sometimes.  Whether you run it on your local computer or remote into the VPS.  It definitely can be run for days at a time with default settings but I don't know about weeks or months.  (I've only had my GubBot for a week)!

Whatever you want to trade with the bot, should, in my opinion be in one exchange.  Keep your long positions in a different wallet.  i.e. I wouldn't want the GunBot to have access to any coinage that I didn't want it to trade.  Accidents happen; which is to say that Human Error happens.  :-0

Offline DiomedeX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 11:36:09 AM »
Hello,

thanks for your response. Alright, will do that then.

Would you also know where I can find the best settings to use and maybe the most appropriate Coins to trade?

In any case, thanks again!

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 12:46:43 PM »
If you choose version 4.0.5 the are already standard working strategies included. just add keys and pairs. man this thing is fast ...

Offline DiomedeX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 01:10:51 PM »
Cheers :)