Username: Password:

Author Topic: BBStepGain Default buying high and selling low.  (Read 6293 times)

Offline tbhr86

• Rookie
    • View Profile
BBStepGain Default buying high and selling low.
« on: January 28, 2018, 05:29:31 AM »
What the fuck.....

I ran default settings to see what it would do. Trying to buy and sell for values in the picture. Losing me a shitload of money. WTF is wrong with my gunbot?

I'd copy and paste settings here, but this stupid fucking GUI is incapable.

So fucking frustrating being a beginner. Nothing is intuitive. I'm losing my ass with default settings because it won't work properly, and help is not easily accessible.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: BBStepGain Default buying high and selling low.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 12:49:01 PM »
firstly, there is no such thing as a default setting. the numbers you get with your first install may work, or they just may not. not working not in a sense that the bot will sell at loss (which intrinsically it can't with sensible settings), but in the sense not much trade happening or even creating bags, which on its own is bad enough.
you need to tune your chosen strategy, or choose one that has not much settings, like emotionless. when tuning the strategy you need to account for market conditions, coin volume, etc.
the pic of those two rows says nothing. you don't show the strategy settings or the config ... so, can't help you. I can just tell you, that I have never seen a thing like this with a standard set of numbers in the config. I run two bots, one since last july. I haven't made much money, never on the account of the bot selling at loss, but always on the account of bad pair selection.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:59:15 PM by sloaleks »