Username: Password:

Author Topic: Question about GAIN. is it really minimum, or constant?  (Read 6672 times)

Offline rogerwilcox

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Question about GAIN. is it really minimum, or constant?
« on: September 14, 2017, 08:17:35 AM »
Hi all, I am a very very new user of GB and tryin to figure out things. It made a trade that I dont understand much, so I decided to write the details here, to find out whether its my mistake or GB's normal.

I put Groestlcoin (GRS) to the list and it bought some for 0.00004455. GAIN was 2. BB was 30 to 40. Time delay was 80 secs. Rest were defaults of 3.3.2  So the required sell price was 0.00004544.

A day later price started to rise, and GB started watching, reporting; price is sweet, price is not falling, faster yes, etc. I keep watching. Price reached to 45xx, then 46xx, then 47 and finally made it 48xx. During this period, GB continued to watch the price.

And after it reached to 48xx, GB throw the sell order, at 4544 !!! Instead of already high 48 or 47xx...  :(

Since the GUI says "minimum %GAIN you want to sell....), I was hoping it could sell with the latest price or something around it..

Am I doing something wrong here? Is it possible/wise to try to prevent this happen again? If yes, how?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Question about GAIN. is it really minimum, or constant?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 03:06:28 PM »

And after it reached to 48xx, GB throw the sell order, at 4544 !!! Instead of already high 48 or 47xx...  :(

Since the GUI says "minimum %GAIN you want to sell....), I was hoping it could sell with the latest price or something around it..

Am I doing something wrong here? Is it possible/wise to try to prevent this happen again? If yes, how?
Ha! You got your gain, 1.9%, which is not to be sneered at, and nothing wrong with that. If you can master that consistently every day, in a year you will be substantially wealthier than you are now.
But to answer your question, in the described case it would maybe be smarter to learn implement stepgain. Or use a combination, bbstepgain for example. The bot will buy on bb and sell on stepgain, meaning you set selllevel to an number between 1 and 2 (or 3, depending on version used) and the bot will wait to start selling at the desired level. All (2 or 3) levels again you can customize to your liking. say you put selllevel1,2 and 3 to 0.5%, 3% and 10%, and selllevel to 2, the bot will wait to achieve at least 3% of gain.

I take it you have not read the github instructions fro the master himself, so I'll paste a little somenthing about stepgain for you from the instructions on version 3.2:

Pure STEPGAIN: BUY_STRATEGY: 'STEPGAIN' and SELL_STRATEGY: 'STEPGAIN' in your config files, will give you the power to explore up and down until the bot finds the best price to buy and the highest price to sell (supergun trend watchdog applies with improved algo). All of this on all 3 markets: Bittrex, Kraken, Poloniex. We have now 2 levels of BUY and 2 levels of SELL only in config files, since the third has not been really useful. Set BUYLVL and SELLLVL to the right level you want to use. Example: if you have BUYLVL1 to 3 and BUYLVL2 to 5, set BUYLVL to 2 if you want to explore from to 5%to infinite, or set BUYLVL to 1 if you want to explore from 3% to infinite.

Updated in 3.3

Introducing dynamic levels for stepgain: now the bot takes in consideration 3 levels to buy and sell instead of 2 and using the "SMART" function (enabled by default) it can now use all 3 levels as a fallback chain if the price fails to reach desired level. Basically: in the previous stepgain strategies we only used 2 levels effectively: now all levels are taken in consideration. Pros of this change: you dont have to set buylvl or selllvl anymore: the bot updates the level dynamically as long as the price swings up and down

The setting of buylelvel and selllevel is introduced again in later versions, IE., it's present in the newest versions, 50x.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:22:59 PM by sloaleks »

Offline rogerwilcox

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 04:21:55 PM »
Thanks for the Info and "the update" :)
Actually I was preparing to ask where this SELLLVL thing is (apparently not available in v3.3.2).
Its great to know the bot tracks price rises and falls, its alone enough reason to have this bot ! :)

Now the only thing I want to be sure about is the correctness of the sentence next to "New STEPGAIN" at mainscreen.

It says both buy and selllevels (1,2,3) are % over/under EMA.. Is this correct? Appears I have studied info on older versions which mixed my mind.

I want GB sell my existing coins.
After setting "Sell" parameter to "STEPGAIN" and setting sell levels, should I do anything else to make SMART mode do its thing?

Ha! You got your gain, 1.9%, which is not to be sneered at, and nothing wrong with that. If you can master that consistently every day, in a year you will be substantially wealthier than you are now.
But to answer your question, in the described case it would maybe be smarter to learn implement stepgain. Or use a combination, bbstepgain for example. The bot will buy on bb and sell on stepgain, meaning you set selllevel to an number between 1 and 2 (or 3, depending on version used) and the bot will wait to start selling at the desired level. All (2 or 3) levels again you can customize to your liking. say you put selllevel1,2 and 3 to 0.5%, 3% and 10%, and selllevel to 2, the bot will wait to achieve at least 3% of gain.

I take it you have not read the github instructions fro the master himself, so I'll paste a little somenthing about stepgain for you from the instructions on version 3.2:

Pure STEPGAIN: BUY_STRATEGY: 'STEPGAIN' and SELL_STRATEGY: 'STEPGAIN' in your config files, will give you the power to explore up and down until the bot finds the best price to buy and the highest price to sell (supergun trend watchdog applies with improved algo). All of this on all 3 markets: Bittrex, Kraken, Poloniex. We have now 2 levels of BUY and 2 levels of SELL only in config files, since the third has not been really useful. Set BUYLVL and SELLLVL to the right level you want to use. Example: if you have BUYLVL1 to 3 and BUYLVL2 to 5, set BUYLVL to 2 if you want to explore from to 5%to infinite, or set BUYLVL to 1 if you want to explore from 3% to infinite.

Updated in 3.3

Introducing dynamic levels for stepgain: now the bot takes in consideration 3 levels to buy and sell instead of 2 and using the "SMART" function (enabled by default) it can now use all 3 levels as a fallback chain if the price fails to reach desired level. Basically: in the previous stepgain strategies we only used 2 levels effectively: now all levels are taken in consideration. Pros of this change: you dont have to set buylvl or selllvl anymore: the bot updates the level dynamically as long as the price swings up and down

The setting of buylelvel and selllevel is introduced again in later versions, IE., it's present in the newest versions, 50x.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 07:43:40 PM »
Now the only thing I want to be sure about is the correctness of the sentence next to "New STEPGAIN" at mainscreen.

It says both buy and selllevels (1,2,3) are % over/under EMA.. Is this correct? Appears I have studied info on older versions which mixed my mind.

I want GB sell my existing coins.
After setting "Sell" parameter to "STEPGAIN" and setting sell levels, should I do anything else to make SMART mode do its thing?

Smart mode is activated with stepgain, theres no command I'm aware of.
Buy levels are according to lowest EMA, sell levels however are in relation to bought price.