Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bitcoin Spread  (Read 6576 times)

Offline fartdog

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Bitcoin Spread
« on: September 02, 2017, 02:46:14 AM »
Does anyone know if the bot takes into account the spread of the bid/ask.  I am making 2% on a bunch of trades with default BB/BB 25 settings, but overall my total account doesn't seem to grow and I am wondering if this is because some of the altcoins are greater than 2% on their spread.

Offline cryptosticks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Bitcoin Spread
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 01:06:27 AM »
Hi.  I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.  The bid of the spread/ask wouldn't influence the Bollinger Bands (BB) or the GAIN settings.

If I had to guess what's influencing your profit.. it might be that Bitcoin is surging. So having money in alt coins results in a comparative loss as bitcoin itself pushes higher. But that's just a guess.

Offline fartdog

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 11:56:11 PM »
let me see if I can explain it using fake easy numbers to explain the way i understand profit and spread and other fees.

Some exchanges just flat out charge per trade on every trade.  I am seeing this normally at about .25% per trade.
Some exchanges do a Taker and Maker structure with their fees.  Takers (people who do market orders) pay a .3% fee, and Makers (those who do limit orders) pay 0% fee
Then there is the price difference between the bid and ask.  Depending on volume, the exchange used the difference between the bid and ask can be 0-5%

Say I am buying something that has spread of 2%.  Does Gunbot sell 2% higher than when I bought it, or does it know there was a big spread so I would actually need to sell at 4% to make 2% profit.

Offline cryptosticks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 01:29:28 AM »
I believe its been discussed in the forums before.  If we review the logs of the Gunbot you can see that it is taking into consideration.