Username: Password:

Author Topic: Maximum pair price  (Read 6159 times)

Offline BwGB

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Maximum pair price
« on: October 06, 2017, 05:24:03 PM »
Hi all,
Does anyone knows if there is a setting somewhere for Gunbot, for example in the pair file, where you can set a maximum price for the bot to buy? For example I'm running a pair for MAID, but I don't want to buy if the price of MAID is going higher than $0,50. So it can make all the transaction it wants, but not if the price of MAID is going above $0,50. Some sort of precaution if you like.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum pair price
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 06:26:33 PM »
I don't see any justification to limit buying to a certain price.
I mean: if it's now 1$ then sell it 1.2$?

You can look at it like when you buy gas for your car. Whatever the price is, if you buy 10$, you always get gas for 10$.
So, here also, the current price 0.5$ or 1$ doesn't change your total price (trading_limit or max balance to trade).

But if you're afraid it buys whatever crazy, please use the BUY_LEVEL (%) parameter.
It won't buy above N% below the lowest of EMA1 and EMA2

Exemple, a safe level would be 5% - but with this configuration, don't expect much trades ;-)

Offline BwGB

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 06:49:42 PM »
It's like a safety measure. Some coins may rise, but are pumped or "not worth" the price. To many times there was a buy at price to high and then a major plummet resulting in a bag. Which wouldn't have happend if I bought manually. Despite using several strategies or settings within the strategies. The security setting is not an option, cause I don't want to sell at a loss.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 07:04:25 PM »
Yes, but say 0.5$ is your limit, if the price rises from 0.25$ to 0.3$, will you level up your limit to 0.55$?
It's a pain.

But again, this decently works (depending the value) against pumps and dumps:

But if you're afraid it buys whatever crazy, please use the BUY_LEVEL (%) parameter.
It won't buy above N% below the lowest of EMA1 and EMA2

As a pump is usually a quick movement, the lowest EMA won't move, and it'll avoid the bot to buy higher.
Anyway, my 2 cents.